Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

New rider! Just bought my first Katana 600!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New rider! Just bought my first Katana 600!

First time rider. Stumbled upon this forum and love it! Thinking about converting my bike to the streetfighter look. Can't wait to get to work on it! You guys make this forum awesome!

Welcome to KR!
    sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
    1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
    2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
    First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
    Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome to Katriders!

Comment

Congrats on getting your first bike! I think the Katana is an excellent beginner bike for someone who doesn't want to outgrow it in a couple months. I'm still loving mine 2 years and 15,000 miles later! Stay safe and enjoy!

Comment

Congrats on the new-to-you bike! If your fairings are in good shape you ought to be able to sell them here or reconsider and just enjoy your bike as it is. A new rider? Have you taken the MSF riding course yet, always a good idea for new or returning riders. Got gear? Another very good idea.
          Tony
          1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

Welcome to KR!

...pics or it didn't happen
            - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

Welcome to KR.....but a shame to fighter a post Kat......IMO....
              I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by ManQu View Post
                a shame to fighter a post Kat......IMO....
                If you want to do something to your bike, I'd suggest starting with getting better tires (Metzeler Roadtec are great), a stage 1 kit, and from what I hear upgrading your suspension makes a huge difference in performance too before changing the looks. But then again I personally don't like the streetfighter look so much anyway, especially for a post Kat!

Comment

on the other hand, being a new rider means that the potential for dropping the bike is high. if you want to take the plastics off, set them aside. yu may want to use them later. that way, if you do drop it in the driveway, forget to put the kickstand down, (or any number of things that commonly happen) you wont damage your body work, and can put them back on later.
                  previous rides
                  06 kat 600, 04 Triumph ST Streetfighter, 07 Vstar 1100, 03 GSXR 750, 03 Hayabusa, 07 SV 1000 , 02 Bandit 1200s, Current ride - 07 Roadliner 1900,
                  next ride - another kat

Comment

...or buy a second hand set of fairings...JIC...lol
                    I'm outa here

Comment

Originally posted by Jcates888 View Post
                      If you want to do something to your bike, I'd suggest starting with getting better tires (Metzeler Roadtec are great), a stage 1 kit, and from what I hear upgrading your suspension makes a huge difference in performance too before changing the looks. But then again I personally don't like the streetfighter look so much anyway, especially for a post Kat!
                      post kats do look like squid poo with stock fairings lol

I love my street fighter look, but I'm also the onlyone wearing a 1980s dainese full leather suit that matches my bike haha

Comment

Comment

Well... after about a month or riding, i have really grown to enjoy the look and feell of the bike. Now, im not so sure about converting it. I am taking a safety course at the end of the month, have the right gear, and have been doing plenty of riding since i got the bike!

I read a bunch of reviews about the Katana and how it was not a good starter bike, but i could not disagree more. The handling is great, plenty of power for me, just extremely pleased.

Comment

Originally posted by JasMHill View Post
                            I read a bunch of reviews about the Katana and how it was not a good starter bike, but i could not disagree more. The handling is great, plenty of power for me, just extremely pleased.
                            Hear Hear ... I so agree and the fairings look good too...IMO...lol
                            I'm outa here

Comment

I agree the Katana is a GREAT beginner bike! Ideally, it would have been nice to start on something a little physically smaller, but after my first couple months I was glad to have my Katana... and still love it 2 years later!

Comment

Working...
                              X