X
X

Stuck at a Signal Light ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make a MIRT from extra electrical parts and order a high array led should fix the problem, just to let you know using one is probly illegal in your state and I would not use it at intersections with traffic cameras that could monitor you.

Comment

That is some solid advice and I will remember that, Thanks! I hope you can spread that word to your station, fellow officers and other jurisdictions. Hopefully if I find myself in a similar situation, your opinion will have found some understanding ears down here in Texas.

Comment

The link did not work for me, but all the ideas are sure to help.
        sigpic

Comment

They passed a law here in SC that we can go through a red light on a bike after a FIVE MINUTE wait! I think I'll try some of these tricks first, I'm not that patient.

Comment

Got an ebay magnet, works great for me.

Comment

the link is dead
              sigpic
              If everyone rode motorcycles there wouldn't be so many idiot drivers

Comment

Since someone opened this up I'll comment...the same sensors that malfunction at lights also exist at gated entry points. The only time I dropped my bike in 8 years was due to a sensor that didn't "see" my bike. Be careful around gates, like lights they work better for cars.
                Some people are primarily positive, others negative. Some argue about whether the glass is half full or half empty. Me? I drink the contents and call it empty.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFish View Post
                  Since someone opened this up I'll comment...the same sensors that malfunction at lights also exist at gated entry points. The only time I dropped my bike in 8 years was due to a sensor that didn't "see" my bike. Be careful around gates, like lights they work better for cars.
                  this is very true, i almost dropped my bike once while entering a gated community bcuz the gate started closing and i thought i could make it but the gate didnt "see" my bike, but ive found if u stay to the left or right edges of the sensor in the ground, ull trigger the light/or gate almost everytime
                  "When in doubt, throttle out."
                  sigpic

Comment

In SC riders can go through a red light with no penalty but there is a time limit. I think you have to wait for a cycle and if it cycles through without giving you the green you are allowed to proceed through it "cautiously"
                    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Mattaua View Post
                      In SC riders can go through a red light with no penalty but there is a time limit. I think you have to wait for a cycle and if it cycles through without giving you the green you are allowed to proceed through it "cautiously"
                      Wow, I wish we had that here in Nevada! Sometimes I'll sit through two or three light cycles waiting for a car to pull up behind me and trigger the sensors at some of our lights.

I just got a ticket for "running a red" when I had no choice...

I've often wondered about the magnets you can put under your bike...
                      Mike - Reno, NV
                      2005 GSX 600F (Blue/White)

Comment

The magnets work.
                        sigpic

RIP CP
                        50th Anniv R6
                        95 Katana 600
                        http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Here is the link: http://www.msgroup.org/Tip.aspx?Num=148

It is posted on page six about halfway thru...

I only have one light that does that... I usually hit the pedestrian button real quick. I usually try to ride up to it then hit then ride on thru the intersection.

Comment

I'll usually make a right-left-right to avoid running a red. It's a pita, but better than a ticket.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                            -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                              I'll usually make a right-left-right to avoid running a red. It's a pita, but better than a ticket.

Done that before too, there are a couple of lights around here that I can get away with turning on red, but others, it's right, left, right routine.
                              sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                              2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                              2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

hell i had a light the other day that wouldnt detect my semi truck. had to run the light.

if it cant detect an 80,000 lb 70 foot long truck, how's it going to detect a 600lb 5 foot long bike?

Comment

Working...
                                X