• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tips
    What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by pronator View Post
      My MSF instructor told us a story about him being stuck at a red left turn for six full cycles because there was a cop parked on the road he wanted to turn onto.

And he couldn't get off his bike to push the pedestrian button because that's actually some sort of illegal parking.

So, he waited the six cycles and then finally turned. The cop pulled him over and asked for his license.

Then the cop returned his license, stuck out his hand, and said "I just wanted to shake the hand of rider who would wait through six light cycles before making that turn."

So there are definitely the ones who get it.
      That was awesome.
      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by solidfish View Post
        I never heard of the magnet trick, will definitely try it out.
        Yup magnets are the bomb. As mentioned before, you don't need big-a$$ ones either. 2 domino-sized ones, work great.
        GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

My buddy and I got stuck at a red light last night. Did all the tricks, put the kick stand down, jumped up and down but still didnt work. Had to finally run the light.

Think I'm gonna put some magnets on my bike today after work!!

Comment

Awesome! I found an item on ebay that supposedly sends out a pulse equal to a car for bout 20 bucks. I'm wondering if it's worth it.
            Life is a really long ride. Make sure you do it in style.

Comment

the link doesnt work anymore!!

I hate stoplights, especially when its hot!!

Comment

I hate that, and it's so unsafe to go through the red light even if the coast is clear. Not to mention the possibility of a ticket. I remember touching on it in the MSF course but I never remembered once I left and took the final test in there. Thanks.

Comment

FYI. If you are riding in SC you can now legally run red lights if you wait 2 minutes and it doesn't change. New law that they passed this year. I never had luck with the magnets!

Comment

thanks for the info
                    Last edited by jchou87; 08-26-2008, 01:45 AM. Reason: more specific

Comment

I even try rolling back and forth a little, still won't help sometimes, have to look into the magnet trick.

Comment

Link is dead.
                        SOCAL SUZUKI KATANA RIDER
                        97 SUZUKI KATANA 600

Comment

I have one of these stoplights about 2 blocks from my house. So, where do you mount the magnets for the most effective result?

My 1st bike & 3rd Child: Midnight Blue 2005 Kat 750

(Something for the faster-moving projectile fan in us all:
                          http://blutube.policeone.com/Clip.as...4238689A5F27F0 )

Comment

reading all threads and noticed its a dead link.

found the right one. if someone wants to edit the OP here is the right link
                            Hundreds of articles on Motorcycle Safety/Dynamics and accident case studies

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Noticed someone mentioned Senate Bill 1359 for NC... it passed...

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
                              SESSION 2007
                              SESSION LAW 2007-260
                              SENATE BILL 1359
                              AN ACT TO ALLOW THE OPERATOR OF A MOTORCYCLE TO PROCEED
                              THROUGH AN INTERSECTION CONTROLLED BY A TRAFFIC SIGNAL
                              ONLY IF THE TRAFFIC SIGNAL USES AN INDUCTIVE LOOP VEHICLE
                              SENSOR THAT ACTIVATES THE TRAFFIC SIGNAL AND THE INDUCTIVE
                              LOOP FAILS TO DETECT THE MOTORCYCLE AND ACTIVATE THE
                              TRAFFIC SIGNAL.
                              The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
                              SECTION 1. G.S. 20-158 is amended by adding a new subsection to read:
                              "§ 20-158. Vehicle control signs and signals.

(e) Defense. – It shall be a defense to a violation of sub-subdivision (b)(2)a. of
                              this section if the operator of a motorcycle, as defined in G.S. 20-4.01(27)d., shows all
                              of the following:
                              (1) The operator brought the motorcycle to a complete stop at the
                              intersection or stop bar where a steady red light was being emitted in
                              the direction of the operator.
                              (2) The intersection is controlled by a vehicle actuated traffic signal using
                              an inductive loop to activate the traffic signal.
                              (3) No other vehicle that was entitled to have the right-of-way under
                              applicable law was sitting at, traveling through, or approaching the
                              intersection.
                              (4) No pedestrians were attempting to cross at or near the intersection.
                              (5) The motorcycle operator who received the citation waited a minimum
                              of three minutes at the intersection or stop bar where the steady red
                              light was being emitted in the direction of the operator before entering
                              the intersection."
                              Page 2 Session Law 2007-260 SL2007-0260
                              SECTION 2. This act becomes effective December 1, 2007, and applies to
                              offenses committed on or after that date.
                              In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 12th day of
                              July, 2007.
                              s/ Beverly E. Perdue
                              President of the Senate
                              s/ Joe Hackney
                              Speaker of the House of Representatives
                              s/ Michael F. Easley
                              Governor
                              Approved 9:00 p.m. this 23rd day of July, 2007

And I'll be looking for 2 sets of magnets real soon, cause 3 mins is still a long time to wait .

Krey
                              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Very helpful.......thanks!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
                                http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
                                Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Working...
                                X