• Show
Clear All

• Put Yourself In Their Shoes

Saw this, thought I would share:

Happy Motorcycle Awareness Month, everyone! Ride Safe
    Christine
    Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Cool video. More cagers should see this.
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Some cager is gonna kill a rider while watching that video...on thier phone, in traffic.
      ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
      チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
      Semper Fi

Comment

Thanks for the post, I posted it on my Facebook.
        2014 Ducati Monster 1200
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

Thanks Christine...... I shared on my fb as well.
          sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
          ------------------------------------------
          89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
          96 YZF 1000R

Comment

great find Christine
            Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

yep hit my fb page as well.. and while cagers can be a problem another video from these ppl show how we as riders can work to save our own lives.. slow down and give yourself time to think
              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT666XwJR2s&feature=player_embedded"]Motorcycle Reconstruction - TAC tv road safety commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Thanks guys

The more education and awareness we create, and the more people that share and watch videos like that, the safer we all are.
                Christine
                Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

shard to my FB as well.. and yes bikers should watch the other video.. it is a two way street.. we just have ALOT more to lose in an accident.. these are very well put together videos and very informing
                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpNirJfuzs&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpNirJfuzs&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                  Last edited by boomer_95; 05-14-2012, 04:42 PM.
                  if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

I applaud the fact that they are trying to raise awareness about the dangers or ride, but I have to say, ever since I bought this bike all I seem to see is death and destruction.

It's only been 6 months and it seems like it's all I hear and is starting to wear on me.

/rant off
                    /flame suit on :P

Comment

Because death and destruction are a very real danger every time we mount up.. We ALL (bikers and cagers) need to be aware.. having said that I also see alot of of wonderful things about riding everyday.. every time I pass another rider and we wave, the ability to put your feet down at a stop light and dance and make the cagers jealous because all they can do is some cheesy shoulder motion.. The feeling of the wind sometimes I like to raise my face shield and let it flow in my helmet.. that awesome feeling when you lean just right into that turn.. When cagers acknowledge how awesome your bike is.. Riding is one of the best things ever there is so much joy to be had on the road and theres plenty of videos and pictures of ppl out there enjoying it so don't get down thinking all there is, is death and destruction we just need reminded sometimes how dangerous it is for us.. knowing the dangers and what can happen has stopped me and I'm sure a few of you from doing something stupid that in your head seems like a very doable idea.. So don't get down just balance the negative with positives

Comment

Originally posted by Bezerker View Post
                        Because death and destruction are a very real danger every time we mount up.. We ALL (bikers and cagers) need to be aware.. having said that I also see alot of of wonderful things about riding everyday.. every time I pass another rider and we wave, the ability to put your feet down at a stop light and dance and make the cagers jealous because all they can do is some cheesy shoulder motion...
                        are you sure there jealous? that cheesy shoulder motion may just be them laughing so hard there rocking back and forth... you have a gret point there tho. whilest it CAN be dangerous ("can" being the main word) if you are smart, look for potention danger, and enjoy every second of the ride you will know why so many people ride motorcycles
                        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

laughing, dancing. cheesy shoulder motions... we're all having a good time...I once got a lady to dance with me she even opened her door to get more movement... its all about having fun

Comment

intersting videos. i know its tough but slowing down does make a difference. i ride like a grandma
                            im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                            X