X

Newbie Needs Help!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Needs Help!

In my Quest to put my bike back on the road, I have been told that it might be because the stator is going bad that my bike will turn over, but it will not catch and fire up. Someone also mentioned to me that it may be the starter clutch. Im still learning the parts of the bike so I don't know what or where these parts are so that I can check them. Someone please school me!

Kats love fresh, fully charged batteries.
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I doubt thats you issue. You need to start simple and figure out if you have fuel and spark. Without 1 of those the bike won't run. Based on your welcome thread I would be looking heavily towards the fuel side. Did you put a NEW battery in there or a recharged piece of crap?

Comment

Fresh = new
        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
        ------------------------------------------
        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

What does it sound like when the bike turns over but doesn't start? Do you hear it firing at all? Is it making a funny sort of whirring sound?
          Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
            I doubt thats you issue. You need to start simple and figure out if you have fuel and spark. Without 1 of those the bike won't run. Based on your welcome thread I would be looking heavily towards the fuel side. Did you put a NEW battery in there or a recharged piece of crap?
            I put a brand new battery in. I took out all the spark plugs and bought one new one to test if I was getting any spark, turns out Im not

Originally posted by KatanaGirl.00 View Post
            What does it sound like when the bike turns over but doesn't start? Do you hear it firing at all? Is it making a funny sort of whirring sound?
            Exactly the sound its making, All I hear is the starter turning over. I took out the old sparkplugs and bought a new one to test with, turns out im not getting any spark..
            Last edited by SweetT; 02-11-2012, 08:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
            X