X

Getting Traffic Lights to Notice You

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Traffic Lights to Notice You

I just posted in the buying parts forum about product on ebay that let the stop lights recognize you. Kickitjp was nice enough to tell me that lane positioning is better than buying a magnet from ebay. How do i get lights to reccognize me by my lane position? Please help! Im tired of being stuck at traffic lights!

One thing that i do, but doesn't apply to all lights. If you pull up and see the road has the metal in it, in the box like shape. The sit your bike on one of the 2-3 lines, and the light will recognize you. If the light doesn't have one of these, well then....run it..:P

as far as the devices i have no clue...
    Riding through the ghetto one street at a time.

Comment

some lights now also have infrared sensors that will cause the light to trip..normally staying near the inside of the lane, or over the metal censors on the road is ur best bet.

the earth magnets work too sometimes.

Comment

I'll flash the brights just as I'm rolling to a stop. Actually works quite a bit, we've got those camera looking sensors on top of all our lights here.
        '01 TL1000R

Comment

Drop kickstand down on the sensor line at the left side on lights with them . The few lights with the motion sensor thingies seem to pick up my bike just fine .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Awesome! I gotta try these out. Thanks!

Comment

I spelled traffic wrong in the topic =o(

Comment

Originally posted by Madhazard
                I spelled traffic wrong in the topic =o(

- Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

musta fixed it..unless I forget how to spell

also it helps too, if u can get behind a car or beside one at the stop light..

Comment

i bought one those things on ebay doesnt work!!!! it said its some kind of powerful magnet. the manual said it reads you like it reads a truck. waste of 20 bucks!!

Comment

GRRR The turn lanes DON'T LIKE MY BIKE! I've tryed putting the kickstand down on the sensor, stopping the front tire on the groove putting my foot on sensor groove and cussing at the light. None of it seems to matter, after it goes through a few cycles I just cut out across it when the traffic clears.

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                        Drop kickstand down on the sensor line at the left side on lights with them . The few lights with the motion sensor thingies seem to pick up my bike just fine .
                        Then you gotta restart your bike cause it turns off from the saftey switch.
                        Shiny side up !!!

Comment

Not if you put it in neutral . SOME people drop their centerstands on the wires to accomplish the same thing . And alot of states it's okay to just go when it's safe to do so if the light won't change after a reasonable time . But if you get busted , I didn't say NOTHIN' . But I've done it many times , and been pulled over once for it . Cop understood , so no problem .
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by y2fat2furious
                            i bought one those things on ebay doesnt work!!!! it said its some kind of powerful magnet. the manual said it reads you like it reads a truck. waste of 20 bucks!!
                            Everything that you can buy from the internet or TV that is made of magnets and promise to make your life easier/better/fulfilled are a scam.

For future reference.
                            TiM

Comment

I believe the law in California says you can proceed through a light after two cycles of it not changing, and only when it's safe to do so.

On my last bike I went down to Lowes and bought about 10 really strong magnets...glue gunned them to the inner area below my bike. Worked great...and yes I had already wasted $12 on the "Green Light" trigger that didn't work for crap, what a waste of money that was...

Wishing you many happy green lights

Comment

Working...
                              X