X

Motorcycle Cover for Kat 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Cover for Kat 600

I just bought my first bike the other day and I want to get a good cover for it since I don't have a garage. The bike is in mint condition and has never even seen rain before, so I want to keep it that way as best possible with a good cover. Any suggestions for my 03 Kat 600? Summers here get very hot and humid (90s) and winters get cold and snowy.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I recommend the Dowco Guardian WeatherAll Plus. They're about $100 online, and do a great job. I kept my '00 Kat outside from spring through fall (not winters) for 7 years and it still looks new. The cover is vented to allow moisture out, but the vent has a flap to keep rain out. A fleece lined section prevents windscreen scratches, and heat resistant panel protects the section by the muffler.

One tip: due to the geometry of the Kat and this being a waterproof cover, after a rain there will be a puddle of water trapped on top of the cover. You can just come out and lift the cover to pour this off, or put something on top of the gas tank to raise the center of the cover to allow water to drain off. I used a partially inflated child's beach ball which worked well.

Comment

I can vouch for the above cover. I have no garage, so my bike is out all winter long, bike still looks great.
      Good idea Jeff concerning the puddle of water - thanks.

Comment

There are pull in covers/frames as an option as well.

http://www.cycleshell.com/ as an example.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Ive been using the Dowco Guardian for 3 years over my 600 kat.
          It works awesome.
          My bike gets stored under a 2nd story porch so every night when I pull in I put the cover on.
          Ive been doing it day in and day out for 3 years and there is little wear on the cover.
          Its completely weather proof and still breaths great. Ive thrown it on after coming home in the rain and mildew has never appeared.
          It has a soft piece of fabric where the windshield is so it doesnt scratch anything.
          It is very heat resistant. I put it on directly after I get off and the scorching pipe has never hurt the cover.

As you can tell here.... I recommend it.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I went with that one from dowcopowersports and should be getting it today or tomorrow! I was hoping to find something a bit cheaper, but I guess you gotta pay if you want top quality... and lifetime warranty

Comment

Make sure you register with Dowco - their lifetime warranty is for real. My cover got a small tear in it after about 6 years in the sun and weather (UV exposure was probably the culprit), and Dowco replaced it for free. They stand behind a great product with great service, so you will get your $100 out of it.

Comment

i saw some on ebay for cheap....like $13
                Glasses Up, bitches down

Comment

I purchased a durashield cover off ebay for less than twenty dollars. I got it mainly to keep the dust off in the winter. The medium size is a bit tight for my 06 kat but it does fit. Can't beat it for the price.

Comment

Working...
                  X