X

Need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help

its always been a dream of mine to ride a sportsbike! And I have always wanted to ride a katana. Recently I. Took a motorcycle safyet course got my liscence and bought my very first bike an 06' katana. I am having severe trouble with the height of thwe bike and since I'm a beginner rider I feel I need to get as much of my feet on the ground as possible. I currently have my seat getting shaved about an inch and was thinking of usinf lowering links. I have already adjusted the back suspension with a spanner but need more. I am 5 4 with inseam of 28". I love my bike and want to keep it but I also wanna be safe. Any tips on using lowering links? Is there any specific brand? How far should I lower the bike without majorly screwing up?..any advice will help. Please and thank you

Anyone? Anyone? Help!

Comment

For lowering links. I'd go with Pro Tek. I've had them for a few months now on my post 750 and have no complaints. As far as how low you can go, my bike is lowered 2" rear 1.5" front and I wouldn't go any lower just because of cornering clearances.
      "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

You could also check with Neoublie on here and see if he has any lowering links available.
        John,
        '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
        sigpic

Comment

one note: the more you lower it, the more likely you will have to adjust/fix the kick stand.
          : If you can't control yourself, you can't control your bike.

Comment

Thank you very much for all of ur help y'all. Im hoping to be up and riding safley soon

Comment

I'm in the same boat, so this info was very helpful!
              "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
              Chris
              graphic designer | drummer
              2002 Katana 600
              Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

It s good to hear I'm. Not the only one .! I was really getting discouraged! What about sliders? No one here in my area seems to know about putting frame sliders on a katana. Any suggestion? Anyone?

Comment

Jaybell on here just bought a set for his post 750. There's several threads on frame sliders on here, and one member that also makes and sells some for the post Kats.
                  John,
                  '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X