X

I went off road and survived!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went off road and survived!!!

so i went to the drag races tonight( there is a post about that in at the track section) and apparently my shark helmet doesn't have a snell rating just dot and ece or whatever it is, so they made me rent some POS helmet for $15 that was covered from front to back in scuffs and scratches all to hell... the visor was smudged and hardly see through but it cleaned up enough i could see the tree and my gauges. so i make a few passes and am coming down the return road and its now very dark outside and cant see the road for SHlT. right as i reach up to open my visor cause i had slowed down to about 30mph. i run the kat off the road into a field full of Prairie dog holes bumps and everything disastrous. loose dirt everything that would make you cringe and panic. BUT I DIDN'T!!!! i held on to it hit my rear break to slow down and managed to keep it on 2 wheels. i was soo proud of myself for not panicking and going into a oh crud mode and forget everything i should do. returned their pos helmet to them. told them it almost got me killed. put on my helmet and kept racing. the tech inspectors were gone and the people at the line and in the towers didnt know any better.
    Do The Chicken Dance

glad you made it through ok, definitely a good thing you didn't panic. So what do you think of the kats offroad capabilities now

Comment

Offroad on kat :O. now thats bada$$ haha. glad no injuries. hows the kat, any damage?
      Vlad The Russian

Comment

hell i go offroad on my kat all the time i park it in my backyard to hide it and drive it through my lawn onto the street (no ditch). It's just like a really big dirtbike...

I like how they say your helmet is not safe so they give you one that really isnt. Gawd.

Just cause its snell rated doesnt mean its safe to use.. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by phroziac View Post

Just cause its snell rated doesnt mean its safe to use.. LOL.
          thats the point i tried to argue. but it didn't get me anywhere.

Originally posted by Vlad View Post
          Offroad on kat :O. now thats bada$$ haha. glad no injuries. hows the kat, any damage?
          no damage to the bike thankfully.

Originally posted by egossett View Post
          glad you made it through ok, definitely a good thing you didn't panic. So what do you think of the kats offroad capabilities now
          I think im gonna get a hold of skyjacker and put a lift kit on that baby.
          Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Not panicking is a good thing!
            Glad nothing happened to you or the bike!
            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
            Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
            R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
            1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
            RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
            3BBB turn signal mirrors,
            Black painted seat and rear trim,
            Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

If the rental helmet was all scratched and banged up, it ws probably not safe at all, since you're "supposed" to toss a helmet once it's hit the ground.
              John,
              '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spraguepsycho1 View Post
                If the rental helmet was all scratched and banged up, it ws probably not safe at all, since you're "supposed" to toss a helmet once it's hit the ground.
                yeah i tried to argue that point. but he insisted that he would lose his license if he let me use my helmet... I fixed the problem though... have 2 old helmets with snell stickers on them... took them off and put them on my shark helmets
                Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

Dag! Good job keeping her up!

I ran into the same helmet crap in SCCA - my brand new EDOT approved helmet wasn't approved, so I had to rent a POS 1980's looking thing which was obviously FAR less safe than mine. Ugh, drives me insane.
                  Originally posted by katanawarrior
                  I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

The first thing I did when I got a sport bike is ... BOUGHT A SNELL HELMET ... I mean really they are not that pricey and the extra protection was worth my BRAINS.
                    I recommend to any ride RIDE A SNELL !!!!!
                    Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

Originally posted by rikeran View Post
                      The first thing I did when I got a sport bike is ... BOUGHT A SNELL HELMET ... I mean really they are not that pricey and the extra protection was worth my BRAINS.
                      I recommend to any ride RIDE A SNELL !!!!!
                      i was referred to an article, in another post about helmet ratings in the gearing up forum. http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...iew/index.html I WILL NEVER WEAR A SNELL, i don't like their method of testing and idea of what is safe. its just not practical to real world crashes. ill stick to my ECE/22-05 rated helmet
                      Do The Chicken Dance

Comment

lol it's totally unnerving going off track, isn't it? the whole 'look where you want to go' thing is never more important!
                        glad you and the bike came out unscathed.
                        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

Originally posted by Suzukii600 View Post
                          i was referred to an article, in another post about helmet ratings in the gearing up forum. http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/ge...iew/index.html I WILL NEVER WEAR A SNELL, i don't like their method of testing and idea of what is safe. its just not practical to real world crashes. ill stick to my ECE/22-05 rated helmet
                          what about snell and dot approved helmets?

Comment

Working...
                          X