X
X

15 tips for riding in traffic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great read for new riders, and veteran riders that tend to develop complacency patterns.

Comment

Great post!!!! You should write a book.

Comment

all very useful tips... especially the turn signal switch, i wouldn't have thought of that as a safety issue. Thanks!
        -Giaco
        '81 CM400C,
        '99 GSXF 750

Comment

Thanks, from a new rider.

I'm new to riding and I've taken the safety course. This is the type of information that I really needed to study, thank you very much.

Comment

Thanks for the refresher!
            I took my bike test in the UK nearly 20 years ago. The ride around a parking lot that passes as a test in Alberta was short on helpful scenarios (easy to pass though!)

Comment

great tips!

Comment

all good habits...remember your not cool....dead

Comment

Thanks for posting that up. You might save a life.

Comment

Enjoyed this sticky very much.
                    My Ideal woman (Indigo Rose).... she's beautiful even whens she's dirty, she lets me ride her all day and doesn't complain, and when I touch her she always screams....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the info! Every little bit helps even when you THINK you know it all. Most the time you dont. Great read.

Comment

• Great tips mate, thanks.
                        And remember; when in doubt, be as annoying as you possibly can be.
                        Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• great advice I also almost always stick to the middle lane because no matter how noticed you are or how good of a driver you are the fact is you will always get cut off and if you do you will have an extra lane so slide into instead of the grass if your on a side lane.

Comment

• thanks for this post!

good info, i deff see myself using these tips out here in Houston. i went on my first non-msf ride today on my kat, start riding daily tomorrow.

Comment

• thank you for posting all that info!! very helpful and keeps my brain concentrated on things that are more important than others. I've been riding since Sunday (so about almost 24 hours riding total) so this helps me remember things that I need to prioritize while driving on the road amongst traffic. Especially with the crazy drivers we have here in Chicago, you never know what's going to happen. Again, thanks for passing on the "words from the wise" to all the noobs out there, like myself. Props brotha *clapping*

Happy and safe riding!
                              - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• I replay these tips in my head every time I ride, you truly have to be a defensive driver
                                "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                                Chris
                                graphic designer | drummer
                                2002 Katana 600
                                Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

Working...
                                X