No announcement yet.
X

Am I shifting right??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always downshift through each gear when coming to a stop but I always give it a bit of brake while doing so just so people behind me realize im stopping

Comment

Originally posted by kas14slider View Post
      I always downshift through each gear when coming to a stop but I always give it a bit of brake while doing so just so people behind me realize im stopping
      +1, if I'm slowing down I will always at least have my hand on the lever so my brake lights come on.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

So basically, you guys don't really use the break at all to slow down...just to signal a stop?
        -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
          So basically, you guys don't really use the break at all to slow down...just to signal a stop?
          No, I use the brakes when necessary, but I'd rather be in the right gear 100% of the time instead of just coasting to a stop and downshifting lazily. Plus you only need two fingers to brake anyway so the other fingers should be controlling the throttle.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Oh, I see. I like that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
              Oh, I see. I like that.

Always remain in complete control and 100% ready for any inputs you may have to make.

Comment

I can't imagine not blipping the throttle. I think I even do it in my sleep. Although, when I first started doing it, it did feel odd.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Take the MSF!!! http://www.msf-usa.org/index_new.cfm...%20RiderCourse

Until then, you always want to be have a gear engaged which will allow you to accelerate from a bad situation. If you're going 20, you definitely don't want to be in sixth.
                  Pics
                  Pics
                  No pics yet
                  Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

It's funny. When I took my MSF, which was a year before I even purchased my bike or started riding, they NEVER mention blipping. I think I heard from lurking on this site, once I bought my katana. Weird.
                    sigpic

Comment

I've never heard of "blipping" either. Though, like riddler, I was lurking. I started blipping and WOW, what a difference in downshifting! Lifetime "blipper" from here on in! Hehehe, thanks everyone!
                      sigpic

"* JayBell notes that this appears to be a UNscheduled hazing of Mike "Looseplugs McStabbyfoot" Fitzpatrick"

2004 Katana 600 - Bought 01/06/2017

1993 Katana 600 - Traded for a truck.
                      2004 Katana 600 - Gone
                      2002 GSX-R600. - Gone

Comment

FYI the revmatching is required because unlike a car, this is an unsynchronized transmission. I'm a trucker and trucks are the same way...but you really have to mash the pedal on a truck because the engine and transmission are so massive...

Comment

Working...
                        X