Hydrate or die...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the wind
    Originally posted by Black Kat

i like to drink fresh ice tea that i make myself......that seems like it would be ok....it just water mostly anyway....
    i carry beer(it's mostly water too) 8)
    I've seen it too. I think he's got the only insulated tank bag I've ever seen.

Hmmmm.....Thats actually a good idea :-k

Comment

Originally posted by Range

i like to drink fresh ice tea that i make myself......that seems like it would be ok....it just water mostly anyway....
      it is true...I have seen it in person! (and he smokes WHILE riding)

great to see you windman!
      Yeah welcome wind... long time no see...

good to see you blow threw again, no pun intended

I think I even saw him ride thru the fontana parking lot w/ no helmet.. sheesh, he smokes while riding, drinks, and no lid.. what a squid

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat
        Originally posted by Range

it is true...I have seen it in person! (and he smokes WHILE riding)

great to see you windman!
        Yeah welcome wind... long time no see...

good to see you blow threw again, no pun intended

I think I even saw him ride thru the fontana parking lot w/ no helmet.. sheesh, he smokes while riding, drinks, and no lid.. what a squid

well atleast nobody saw me rolling the smoke while riding. back to the subject of drinking.

Comment

whooooosh! It's the WIND!
          TiM

Comment

hey wind, u coming to the rally next summer again?

Comment

back to the subject of drinking.
              Okay. The wind was blowing hither and thither so much through the Gap that you were not around long enough to drink a few brews. Next time stick around for some of the beers mate.
              TiM

Comment

My buddy and I rode the Cherohala Skyway loop this summer and were very unprepared. No Food or water with us and no breakfast for me (Stoopid Stoopid Stoopid. By the time we reached Telico we were both dehydrated and exhausted. Thank God for that little Hamburger stand by the river. By the time we got there I thought I was gonna collapse. Kinda screwed up the whole ride. I as too tired to hit the corners hard. Oh well next time I WILL be prepared....Later
                92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

Although this occurs primarily in hard core endurance runners, there is such a thing as over hydrating. I know it's not anyone on THIS board who would take simple advice like 'drink some water' too far, but just in case that person or persons happen by, it should be noted. Excess can be just as bad if not worse than not enough. Everything in moderation.
                  "Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"

Comment

I know of someone who died because he got dehydrated and passed out on his bike and lost control. His buddies watched him as he went down. I know during the summer I will be carrying fluids or stop occassionally. Overheating on a bike is no joke. Always stay hydrated and also well rested. If you do not have these 2 things get off your bike and pitch a tent on the side of the road or something.
                    R.I.P. Jason you will be missed.

Comment

I wear a camel back. It has padded back straps and an insulated bladder. It holds 4 liters and has an opening big enough to put ice in. The bag sits on your back and has a tube that sits in front of your chest. When you need a drink just put the tube in your mouth and bite the end to release water. You can drink on the fly. I have used the camel back for 24 hour endurance races many of times and it works great.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X