X

wheelie anyone?? need help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheelie anyone?? need help

hey trying to pop a wheelie...tried slippin the clutch but no luck...revs high and get burst of power but not enought to lift my 200lb body.

anyone been able to do it on a 600?
    any tips?

thanks!!
    "We are not limited by our abilities. Only by our vision."

-Unknown.

1998 GSX600F Katana

All stock except paint (Hazard "school bus" orange)

sigpic

Yes, you can. You're on a fat pig of a bike with no horsepower, but it can be done.

Wrong tool for the job though. Like trying to fix a cracked windshield with a hammer.
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

ok well, but you're not being of any help bro...
      "We are not limited by our abilities. Only by our vision."

-Unknown.

1998 GSX600F Katana

All stock except paint (Hazard "school bus" orange)

sigpic

Comment

You won't find many people here trying to wheelie their katanas.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Most of us are so old we have a hard enough time getting on the Kat in the first place much less trying to get the front wheel off the ground
          Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

After you are done learning how to wheelie, check back here on how to rebuild forks.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure someone will chime in and try to help but the point everyone is making is that it will take too much effort for not enough reward. Kats simply aren't wheelie machines. You will likely go through clutches and fork seals on a regular basis. If you are into that kind of thing you would be better suited finding an older GSXR or Ninja.

My best suggestion would be to get a new rear sprocket and chain. Something with a high tooth count on the rear will help you get the front up.
              -2000 "750"

Comment

I've seen it done by Johna600 a few times on his Kat.
                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

I go 300 and I can get mine up...Since I got new sprockets down 1 in front and up 2 in back it is a heck of a lot easier. Before on stock set up I had to get it going about 10 then drop the hammer at about 8-9k with a little suspension help like preloading the shock before letting it rip it will come up. Don't expect to hit 2nd though. And also get ready to buy some fork seals.

Comment

rolling around 10 mph pull in the clutch rev to 11,000 rpm's then pop into 2nd gear and instant clutch release and your front wheel should pop up if you do it right. Ride safe and I hope you wear the right gear.

Comment

PM CHutch. He wheelies a-lot. He can also give you the lowdown on how to get the rear sprocket, chain tensioners, chain etc on the cheap after they're trashed. You're REALLY better off looking into a lighter more supersport setup.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Don't mess with doing it, it's really not even worth it. Burning the curves is more fun anyways.
                        'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE
                        ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS
                        ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

sigpic----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by newdude View Post
                          ok well, but you're not being of any help bro...
                          I think the point of it is, that if you need to come on a forum and ask people how to wheelie, then you probably shouldn't be doing it at all. It definitely can be done, but as said above, it's not the right tool for the job.

If you insist on doing it, though, try chopping the throttle then opening it up.
                          Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
                            I think the point of it is, that if you need to come on a forum and ask people how to wheelie, then you probably shouldn't be doing it at all. It definitely can be done, but as said above, it's not the right tool for the job.
                            Exactly.

To the OP: I've seen forum jockies like you before. You can't get the bike up because you don't have enough balls to, that's it. Nothing else. Dozens of guys like you come and go and ask the same stupid questions, should I clutch up or power up? What gear should I be in? If you don't know enough about doing wheelies (which you obviously don't) then sell the Katana and buy a Huffy before you trash your bike and hurt yourself or others.

No one ever said it was easy, and you DEFINITELY picked the 100% wrong bike to be learning wheelies on. That said, pose on...
                            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                            Originally posted by soulless kaos
                            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

....ugh.....
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X