No announcement yet.
X

Motorcycle Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dom bobble-head dolls... for sale at a store near you...

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

ya let us know how cofortable it is...the price seems too good to be true.

Comment

That helmet article was mind-blowing! F***! I wish I knew some of that stuff before I bought my last helmet. I guess I always just assumed the SNELL standard was the toughest. Thanks for posting that. I'll remember to consult that article next time I buy a helmet.

One thing I got out of it, though: It isn't as important what type of helmet you're wearing, as long as you're wearing a helmet...

Second thing: With few exceptions, almost anyone who suffered a fatal head injury was pretty much guaranteed to be dead anyway due to the massive trauma to their bodies.

I thought this was poignant:

"When you build a helmet for this market, meeting the Snell standard is your first, second, third, fourth and fifth concern. You can then start designing a helmet that's safe,".
        Last edited by Nero; 08-11-2009, 05:55 PM.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I have one of the new Scorpion EXO900 modulars with the built in sun visor as well. I used it on my trip to Colorado and loved it!
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

GMax helmet

I hate a helmet for dirt bikes, 4wheelers, even street bikes, especially on those hot summer days. but can't figure out how anybody can ride a street bike without a windshield or a face shield. I can't count all the bugs I've cleaned off my face shield and helmet. and some of the would sting pretty bad sounding like marbles bouncing off my face shield. Not to mention close encounters with birds. I wear a GMax. Always with the tinted shield and at night I could kick my self for not having the clear shield with me. In PA helmets are optional.

Comment

Hmm good stuff to know, thanks!

Comment

I just bought the sparx s-07 cobra from bike bandit today, $51 on closeout. Can't beat that price. http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-helm...tion-cobra.htm
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

i used to wear a scorpion exo 400 for long time and loved it. my neck would hurt sometimes though. easy to change the shield etc.

while at motogp on impulse i bought an alliance ssr dia de los muertos helmet for $16o and i love it. the padding is great and its lighter than my scorpian. funny thing too- the scorpions are reknown for there unique visor quick-change, but i can get my visor in and out in half the time it takes me on the scorpion.

Comment

Shoei RF1000 rocks!

As you can tell from my Avatar, I bought a Shoei RF1000 to replace my HJC. I love my Shoei, my wife was not pleased with the $$ I spent but I don't care. Awesome fit and excellent protection for my melon at just over 3Lbs, I can wear it all day long with no issues.
                    sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Originally posted by barryjay View Post
                      I hate a helmet for dirt bikes, 4wheelers, even street bikes, especially on those hot summer days. but can't figure out how anybody can ride a street bike without a windshield or a face shield. I can't count all the bugs I've cleaned off my face shield and helmet. and some of the would sting pretty bad sounding like marbles bouncing off my face shield. Not to mention close encounters with birds. I wear a GMax. Always with the tinted shield and at night I could kick my self for not having the clear shield with me. In PA helmets are optional.
                      The only reason helmets are optional is because the government is a fan of natural selection

Comment

Originally posted by Staerke View Post
                        The only reason helmets are optional is because the government is a fan of natural selection
                        As they should be. You just can't ride a sportbike correctly without a helmet, Buell said that and its the only thing from them I've agreed with.
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by katman05 View Post
                          I just bought the sparx s-07 cobra from bike bandit today, $51 on closeout. Can't beat that price. http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm-helm...tion-cobra.htm

I have a sparx and it's really nice. Lighter than my Suomy. Fabric is not as soft but it wears in. And visors are cheap for it.

Comment

With helmets, your paying for... light weight, standards (such as snell), material that it is made of, comfort of liner, quietness of helmet, how well they vent, and how much advertising they do. Choose wisely though.... wear a $10 helmet if you have a $10 head...

Comment

Working...
                            X