X

chain tensioner warning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chain tensioner warning

For anyone with a Kat thats thinking of or has recently changed their sprokets around for more torque. I have a bit of good advice. Change your chain tensioners anywear from 15- 20k miles i went about 25 or 26k on mine and had the one on the chain side snap on me, and it wasnt fun. luckily i was only going about 30 when it happened. im up ove $200 in parts already and hopefully these last few i bought will fix it. i don't know how often it is suggested to do so with stock sprockets but imagine you dont want to go much further on them regardless.

even better? Swap out the wimpy Kat one for either the Bandit parts (600cc Bandit) or score a pair of custom ones from ne-oublie

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
      even better? Swap out the wimpy Kat one for either the Bandit parts (600cc Bandit) or score a pair of custom ones from ne-oublie
      Pics / info / price / thread?

Comment

I saw it after the "snappage." Bike was all taken apart. A bolt snapped off the basket case cover. Chain ate it...etc.

I second CHutch's advice.

Throw in him curently painting my bike on top of his own bike troubles, and his hands are full.
        ハイどーぞバカ外人!

03 Suzuki Intruder Volusia, 95 Kat 750, 06 Kat 750, 01 Yamaha R6, 96 Suzuki Bandit 750 (Jspec), 04 GSXR 1000, 06 Honda CBR1000RR

メイクショップ 神谷 (2013)
        チームのパドック松田 (2014)

US Marine veteran
        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by ctandc View Post
          Pics / info / price / thread?
          This member, ontariokatana has them:

ne-oublie made some but I'm not sure he has any to sell right now.

Here is Arsenic's how to for the bandit part:
          A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
          mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

If you want you can just purchase the end caps from Ron Ayers/ of Bike Bandit and use them. I think I paid $16 each..

More talk..
          Looking for the best exhaust for your Kat or need help with the installation ?
          From the Mesh Mod to the Fender Eliminator, installing new signals, Braada Cowls,
          Frame sliders or Undertails; Show us all of your custom mods and share your tips here.

As you can see from Arsenic's pictures the Bandit unit fits into the swing arm, where the Kat one just has a dimple. Anyone who has monkeyed with the part knows it barely fits.. I modified my axle yoke like Arsenic did (sort of) but I'm betting that the Kat treaded rod will fit through the bandit part fine. It's all is how much work or what look you want.

Comment

Working...
          X