X

Ride your own ride, at your own pace

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post
    It's also a good reason to have someone run sweeper that knows the roads fairly well. Let the fast guys take off, and tell the newbs not to worry because someone has their back.

Glad he is alright.

Comment

That is one of the most important rules of motorcycling. Id rather be slower than have a totaled bike
      Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
      Current Bikes:
      1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

That's one reason that I rarely ride with a group...too much opportunity to attempt to ride above my comfort level....that and because I'm antisocial too.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Yeah , well , me too . To a point . "My" beeches are cool . But I've been rather fortunate to hook up with a few like-minded riders who like to push a bit , but nothing TOO insane . 'Cept this ONE guy who just got 'imself a CBR ..... But there is something really cool about sharing the ride and being able to watch the other guys , chat about the ride , and learn from each other .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

thanks for the story im new to riding and im sure i would probly be one to do this. but the last thing i want is to end up off the road with a totaled bike. i have a lot of riding to do before i go out tearing up mountain or canyon roads.

Comment

I nominate the above poster for best username of 2009.
              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
              Originally posted by soulless kaos
              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Glad he is ok. Thanks for the reminder, always good to keep in the forefront of your mind. When I was brand new to riding I did not heed the advice of my MSF instructors. No fewer than 5 minutes into the ride I had almost wrecked twice. Still did not heed the advice and went on to almost take an exit too fast. I hit it on the outside of the lane and stayed there until the end. Miraculously I did not crash. I did, howver, slow down and have not tried to keep up with faster riders since then. Very wise words...
                Think safe, ride safe.

Comment

Very true post. If I can't keep up with someone I just let them go off but if I'm riding with someone new I try not to fly ahead because everyone's been there and it sucks to be the new guy/girl feeling like you're holding everyone up. It only makes them more nervous and a less safe driver in your presence.

Comment

Never outride your ability

It is all to easy to show off and hit a curve real quick, but a high percentage of "stepoffs" occur when familiarity with the surroundings is lacking, or the macho, i can ride faster than you can mentality. I ride because i love to ride, not repair my bike after being reckless.

Comment

Working...
                    X