X

Did you follow the book

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you follow the book

Just a quick question on how many of you followed the manufactors/dealers guideline on breaking it in. IE under certain RPM and under certain speed and no continuous speed.
    Yes
    63.08%
    No
    20.00%
    Started to but the power got to me
    16.92%
    ...peaking from under a sleeping bag..."Hi, I'm Zuma"

I'm already in a club but we have Bombers, Fighters and Big Friggin Guns!!!

Yes, but I have only had one bike (of about twenty) that came off the showroom floor. Sure hope the original owners of the rest followed the directions...

Comment

yes i did on my katana.. it died after 2400 miles. this bike i was told not to do that to ride it.. hopefully it will last longer. but here some info definately worth reading .

Comment

yep, sure did..its my first street bike (and first brand new bike).
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

for the first 600 miles. I did opened it up two or three times though... so I voted #3
          sigpic
          2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

On my first bike I did i was religious about it. That bike was a V-twin Honda ACE 750. I do find the information on that mototune website interesting though. I notice not many here talk about it though or give their opinions about the inof on mototune.
            sigpic

Comment

I did for the most part, but steadily increased wondering as I got closer to the end. The bikes at 25,000 miles now with no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Touch View Post
                Yes, but I have only had one bike (of about twenty) that came off the showroom floor. Sure hope the original owners of the rest followed the directions...
                Except my bike is also my first bike...and I bought it with 8900 miles
                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                90 GSXR 750/1216
                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                sigpic

Comment

Every one of my bikes has been bought with 6000 miles or more. My dad's 09 Accord and my old Rm250 were both broken in hard by myself, so I don't really pay attention. I wont redline the hell out of it all day but I drive like I would normally do.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Guy from the dealer ship said don't worry, just to take it easy until it's initial service (1500kms). Said it's a throwback to generations gone by and after the first service just ride it as you would any other bike.

Comment

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
                      Guy from the dealer ship said don't worry, just to take it easy until it's initial service (1500kms). Said it's a throwback to generations gone by and after the first service just ride it as you would any other bike.
                      Yup . When I did my rebuild , I did it that way . I was told to hit it a couple times kinda hard to a few thou under red a couple times during that initial break-in ride , and keep the rpm's fluctuating , with lots of engine brake/accell , then change the oil when I got home . It ain't broke thus far .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

yep because honda knows the motorcycle better than anyone else.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

i voted no because mine already had 45k mi on it when i bought it.

Comment

Working...
                          X