X

Body position for track-style cornering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robgsxf750 View Post
    Like the one in your sig, or is than in imposter?
    Yes like that

I wasn't trying to drag a knee there, it just happened. Look at my body position.
    Last edited by Zepp; 01-19-2009, 07:22 AM.
    2007 Honda CBR600rr
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
    sigpic

Comment

Looks ace. Very natural. I've gotta work on mine a bit.

Comment

While i have immense respect for riders with great skills, I don't feel the need for it on the streets so don't even try it. A track is a cleaner surface to run on, the city streets are littered with all kinds of fluids and crap. I would like to stay in one piece rather than trying to push the envelope (because it is fun) and taking it beyond my capabilities and getting hurt in the process or killed. Maybe one day if i can afford to go to track school i'll try some of these techniques on the track but for the city it will be different for me. Things hit home more when you do what i do for a living and personally see the carnage or as I have lost 2 friends on bikes as i'm sure a lot of you have. Also he older i get the more toned down i get because of my responsibilities.
        Last edited by vinniel; 01-19-2009, 04:28 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vinniel View Post
          While i have immense respect for riders with great skills, I don't feel the need for it on the streets so don't even try it. A track is a cleaner surface to run on, the city streets are littered with all kinds of fluids and crap. I would like to stay in one piece rather than trying to push the envelope (because it is fun) and taking it beyond my capabilities and getting hurt in the process or killed. Maybe one day if i can afford to go to track school i'll try some of these techniques on the track but for the city it will be different for me. Things hit home more when you do what i do for a living and personally see the carnage or as I have lost 2 friends on bikes as i'm sure a lot of you have. Also he older i get the more toned down i get because of my responsibilities.
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

While this is no means perfect position, it's not bad

Oh and yes, that's on a racetrack.
            sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
            MSF Rider Coach 27028
            MoPowerSports.com
            Torco
            SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I tried less today and got more. Funny that.

Concentrated on getting over the tank, and getting my chin over my inside hand, weighting my inside peg with half my butt off the seat.

Worked fine, was fast, smoth and comfortable. Didn't feel like a rubber monkey trying to dangle off a branch.

Not so concerned about the knee dragging. Was more concerned about body position.

Definately more about the upper body at this stage which is fine. Plenty to work on over the next couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X