No announcement yet.
X

Beware of road debris

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is my one fear. I'm a great rider, but I can't control nature...yet...
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Lots and lots of hay bales...
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

love seat sitting on the carpool lane....
        sigpic
        2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Driving East on I-10, crossing the bridge and approaching La./Ms. State line. I see a hubcap come flying RIGHT AT ME- I mean, ME, not just my car, kicked up by the truck in front of me. As I deftly swerve to the right, and am congratulating myself on my quick reaction... I side-swipe the German tourist in the rental mini-van in the RH lane.

We pull off at the first exit, and call the Ms. Hwy. Patrol. He says, well, it happened in Louisiana, so you wanna police report, you gotta cross back over the line, call a La. Cop, and wait. We all- me, the cop, the Germans, agree that would be a pretty stupid thing to do, and exchange info and continue on our ways.

Well, I know I am at fault, and file a claim with my then carrier- Geico. When the adjuster calls me, SHE PROCEEDS TO TRY TO TALK ME INTO LYING ABOUT THE EVENT, so they won't have to pay the claim. I tell her that would be wrong- and besides, they are recording the conversation, and have just heard/recorded me describing the accident as being my fault. No WAY I am stepping into that trap.

So, renewal time comes- and they drop me.

F**k Geico. Maybe if they didn't run off basically good customers, who had been with them for years, they wouldn't need cutsie commercials.
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I've hit an owl that eating road kill in the middle of my lane at about 60....big *** thing, when I hit it there was a bump and a shower of feathers. It hit my headlight and cracked it, but there where pieces all over the fairing.

I've had a deer hit me in a car....I had stopped to let about 6 does cross, and when I started rolling forward after they crossed, another one ran into my front left fender. I guess it was trying to catch up with the others. Damn thing left a huge dent and ran off.
            Best Link Ever

MANBABIES!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Comm/Nav View Post
              I've hit an owl that eating road kill in the middle of my lane at about 60....big *** thing, when I hit it there was a bump and a shower of feathers. It hit my headlight and cracked it, but there where pieces all over the fairing.

I've had a deer hit me in a car....I had stopped to let about 6 does cross, and when I started rolling forward after they crossed, another one ran into my front left fender. I guess it was trying to catch up with the others. Damn thing left a huge dent and ran off.
              Stupid hit and run deer!
              sigpic

Comment

my g/f and I were coming back from Pensicola On I-10 we got seperated due to traffic, a Jeep Cherokee cut me off. So in the left lane is Jeep then me, (g/f was in front of all this) in right lane was 18 wheeler.

Waiting for the Cherokee to pass the semi, i see smoke from the rear tire of the semi truck then it throws off it's retread, (but I cant see this because of the jeep) the jeep dodges as this 6 ft look hunk of hot rubber flys, I duck down as close to the gas tank as I can get and feel the wind rush over my back from this retread. When we stopped to get gas about 20 miles later, I looked and could see little pieces of rubber on the tops of my mirrors and pieces on the back of my leather jacket....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

driving in the cage and smoking a cig next to a semi when the retread blew and rubber hit me in the face.
                  Last edited by erok011; 01-12-2009, 01:03 PM.
                  May the road rise up to meet you.
                  May the wind always be at your back.
                  May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                  and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                  And until we meet again,
                  May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                  RIP Marc

Comment

Theres a LOT of gravel on most of the backroads I used to ride.

Construction trucks have decided they like to use them ALL the time, pouring gravel everywhere.

Comment

Did any of you watch that episode of Mythbusters where they cut a rider in half with a blown semi tire? Holy jeepers, I would hate for that to happen.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                        Did any of you watch that episode of Mythbusters where they cut a rider in half with a blown semi tire? Holy jeepers, I would hate for that to happen.
                        yeah, that one made my butt hole clench seriously though, thats scary...

Comment

^ I must see this episode you speak of!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post

That's why I try not to ride behind trucks if I can help it

Comment

Originally posted by LAsunbird86 View Post
                              ^ I must see this episode you speak of!
                              here ya go

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqw4ZooBzLw"]YouTube - Mythbusters Big Rig - Dynamometer of Death[/ame]

Comment

Great post, and and even greater reason not to play around big rigs on a bike.
                                Currently Riding:
                                1995 Katana 600
                                V&H Exhaust
                                Jet Kit

SOLD
                                2003 SV650S - Orange Comet Project
                                1987 XV700 Bobber
                                REPO'D - 2004 Harley XL1200R

“Ill Keep Freedom, My Guns, & My Money, You Keep The Change

Comment

Working...
                                X