X

Low-side in the mountains the past weekend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low-side in the mountains the past weekend

I took a corner a little too fast Sunday and low-sided. The bike slid 20+ feet. I had on gloves, boots, a jacket and my helmet so the only skin damage was to my backside. There were no other drivers involved.

The crash busted up the fairings, wore a hole in my signal generator cover, bent the right handlebar. I also sheared off my right peg, mirror and blinker.

So I am sore and working on my bike. I was over confident in my abilities and was pushing a little too hard because I was with a group and didn't want to be slowing anyone up.

Too bad about your wreck, but glad to hear you are okay. I won't say "it". I'm sure enough will for me. Hope you feel better and get the bike fixed up and get back out there!
    2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
    BMC Notorious 918 HT
    2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Always ride for yourself.
      Glad to hear the damage was minimal. I hope you heal quickly, and the repairs go smoothly. Post in the parts wanted section and you should find everything you need in short order.

Best of luck!
      Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wreck man.. I've had close calls in the past trying to keep up with faster groups.. I dont like slowing people down at all!! But i learned to just go at my own pace.... I like it better than white knuckle drivin..lol
        sigpic

Comment

Never rush for anyone in the future! Glad you're ok!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I will go my own pace from now on.

Comment

Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way . Happens .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay and have a good attitude about it.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

things happen .. most times those things suck .. but your still with us .. and life goes on .. glad your ok
                  so many roads so little time

Comment

Glad you are okay, and the bike is fixable. Be careful out there.

Comment

I was with a group and didn't want to be slowing anyone up.
                      Soooo. How did that work out for ya?
                      Ron
                      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Glad you are all right. Now, if you ride with people that are worth a X, then they really don't mind being slowed down. Everytime I go out, I tell everybody I am with, not to worry about falling off, I'll wait. Ride at your own pace, if the people you're riding with aren't ok with that, then ride with other people.
                        Pics
                        Pics
                        No pics yet
                        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

The important thing is that you're alright. Glad that you were wearing gear.

People need to ride THEIR OWN ride. Also, on the street, people should never ride to their limit. This causes you to make mistakes and doesn't allow you to react if something goes wrong. You need to allow a little cushion, just in case.
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zepp View Post
                            Also, on the street, people should never ride to their limit. This causes you to make mistakes and doesn't allow you to react if something goes wrong. You need to allow a little cushion, just in case.
                            Yeah , um , good point . Do as I say , not as I do , though ......
                            Yeah , TRYING to ride at the limit (usually it's the rider's limit and not the bike , though ) is what most in the know will suggest . Call it a 7/10ths pace , so if you NEED that extra 3/10ths for some reason , you'll get by . But pushing limits and knowing where they in fact are is not always a bad thing , either . Most'll tell you to hit a track for that sort of thing , though . AGian , not bad advice , but not always feasible . So BEST thing is to pick your spots to push . Riding with faster guys is a GREAT way to learn for most , but you gotta be able to put your ego in check a lot of the time . Hard to do for many people (myself included ) .
                            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

damn that sucks man good glad to hear its minimal injuries though
                              2000 Katana- vance and hines exhaust 03+ rear end, 14/48 sprockets, stage 1 jet kit, 5 degree ignition advancer, WANT B12 HEADER

1997 S10- 3/4 drop on 20 inch rims, tinted tails, shaved doors, tailgate, antenna, 12 inch orion sub with 1200 watt orion amp, hvac controls relocated in glove box, sony head unit with infinity components, smoothed and painted dash parts, chrome window cranks and shifter, too much to list

Comment

Working...
                              X