X

Close call for harley man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close call for harley man

So I just got back from a ride where I got behind some guy on a hog. Brain bucket, long hair, leather, KICK STAND DOWN--yeah, his stand was maybe 2 inches from the ground and we were about 3 miles from a series of curves. I tried to wave him down from behind to no avail. Fearing the worst I quickly passed him and pointed down at my stand and pointed to him...clueless idiot just waved at me like he knew what I was talking about. I pulled aside the road and he drove past me and waved, kick stand down...one mile from curves. I finally caught up with him and gradually stopped in front of him. He I pick up my mask and yell out to him his stand is down. He looks down and says Oh...thanks. Just a reminder, always check your bike status before you leave.
    sigpic

i guess thats why they make interlocks for morons like that
    Gravity works 100% of the time.

Comment

Maybe he thought it was the new HD (hundred dollar) curb feeler accessory.

Good lookin' out though!
      2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
      BMC Notorious 918 HT
      2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Wow man, good lookin out. The first thing I do when I get on the bike is kick the stand back. I don't know how people could leave it down... then again I've only ridden about 2000 miles.
        Originally posted by katanawarrior
        I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

I've seen the same thing... Guy pulls out of a fast food place on a Harley... cruising with his shiny chrome sidestand down!

Even if it's down, wouldn't it just pop back up when the ground rubbed it in a turn?

Comment

they lean slightly forward there is always a chance it could catch .. and as far as kats go .. kickstand aint up .. you aint going anywhere unless you disconnected or rigged the sidestand switch .. kills the bike as soon as you put it in gear .. way to go out of your way JD
            so many roads so little time

Comment

So I guess not all bikes have the sensor like a Kat? You cant put into gear if the kickstand is even a little bit down.

Comment

Good looking out for a fellow rider
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by knightrider89 View Post
                  So I guess not all bikes have the sensor like a Kat? You cant put into gear if the kickstand is even a little bit down.
                  Obviously not . Some have a sensor , some have a little rubber bit that kicks the stand up FOR you should you forget and ride away (my old Shadow had that) , and some bike makers I guess just want you to crash they you have to buy parts .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just for the record,Harleys dont have saftey switches.The kickstands also lock in place when fully extended.Kinda of hard to explain but it couldve been a really dangerous situation,Good looking out.
                    By the way im a long haired harley rider that just so happens to own a kat also.Stereotypes suck.

Comment

Originally posted by legacycycles View Post
                      Just for the record,Harleys dont have saftey switches.The kickstands also lock in place when fully extended.Kinda of hard to explain but it couldve been a really dangerous situation,Good looking out.
                      By the way im a long haired harley rider that just so happens to own a kat also.Stereotypes suck.
                      Well said.
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

yeah also depending the model and year harley, some stands dont go up the same way as ours do. Good catch

Comment

He a friend of my Cousins wreck a 2001 R1 that he only had for three days for the same thing the kick stand was down. PO removed the saftey switch
                          sigpic
                          Update Jul 11 2014
                          Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

i just use the center stand when ever i can i almost hate the side stand
                            voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
                            82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
                            83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

Some Moto Guzzi stands retract automatically when you take the bike off the kickstand. Weird.
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                              X