Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anybody know how to keep rain off your eye shield?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:ditto:
    Katriders.com, we've got dumb answers!

Comment

Would waxing the inside of the shielf help keep it from fogging? Just wondering...

Comment

It would keep moisture away from the shield, but I would worry about the wax eating the visor and turning it hazy.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Joe Rocket ballistic gloves have the squeege and it works too. Use "Quick Wax" on the shield to allow the water to bead off.

Comment

Buy a packet of those Lemon Pledge wipes. They work great and you can keep the packet underneath your seat.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

I use a product called "REJEX" on my helmet and shield, it works well. I use it on the entire bike, bugs wipe right off with a damp rag. You can find it on Ebay.
              '06 Katana 600

Comment

I use Meguir's Quick Wax on my shield. Bugs clean off easily. Looks brand new. I tried Pledge but I could see a rainbow effect (it leaves oil residue) under bright lighting. I use it on my glasses too! Pretty soon I will be cooking with it. J/K

Comment

Im with everyone on the wax. I used a long time a product from fog city i believe, kinda like a rainx type. It worked pretty good. Now I just leave the shield cracked a bit and keep my helmet vents open.

Comment

Originally posted by scottysags View Post
                    I turn my head from side to side so the water blows off, plus I use my glove to do some wiping down too.
                    That's my trick also.
                    I suppose if I had an extra I'd try the rain X.
                    My dad did and still uses that shield when ever it rains.

Then again he rides a 1800 GoldWing so how much rain is he gunna get?
                    2000 Kat 600
                    2001 Dodge Dakota 287
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by sportn1200
                    As my Moma always said that is why they make chocolate and vanillia peoples taste are different.

Comment

id try rain-x thats what HJC recomends

Comment

Working...
                      X