Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

do i need to hit the gym or is mine broke???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do i need to hit the gym or is mine broke???

Silly thing i cant get the bike up on the center stand! is there some sort of trick to it? its in my garage and i keep skuffing the floor, grinding the bike stand into the cement. i havent tried it on asphalt yet cuz i dont wanna embarass myself in public!

any tips? tricks? advice or prayers will be happily accepted!
    If you dont fall, your leather will last longer!

Have a read here http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...t=center+stand .

Comment

its just a knack mate, grab the left bar & the grab handle then put some weight on the stand while pulling backwards & upwards it should fly up onto the stand with ease

The biggest mistakes people make with this are not making sure both feet of the stand are on the floor before trying it & not using weight on the stand, seen it hundreds of times as i was an instructor untill recently & its part of the training over here
      Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

OK...I'm gonna go try it right now . . . nobody go anywhere!

Comment

it works. trust me. I did it exactly in the how-to

Comment

Once you learn the "trick", it's easy as pie. One thing is to rock the bike side to side before pulling her up, this ensures both centerstand pads are on the ground.
            2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
            2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

after the most frustrating 20 mins of my life i have decided that i REALLY like the side stand!

Originally posted by sxwkat View Post
              after the most frustrating 20 mins of my life i have decided that i REALLY like the side stand!
              OK, i'll try again. i am an ex div 1 football player . . . this "stand thing" will not defeat me!

Mother f that centerstand!!!!!!!!!!
              Last edited by sxwkat; 08-26-2008, 05:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

the best thing to concentrate on is to push down hard on that centerstand with your leg. basically what you are doing is straightening your body by pulling up on the grab-handle, and pushing down on the stand.

I'm 5'9" 140 pounds and can do it with ease now that I understand the mechanics of the motion. It's not your size or strength, that doesn't really play a factor.

If you are struggling, you are doing it wrong. Pull UP with your right hand as you are gripping the grab handle under the rear seat as far forward as possible. Keep your back straight. LIFT the bike with your right knee, as if it were a heavy box, with your right foot on the stand. It really just pops right on up.
                Last edited by Wheel; 08-26-2008, 06:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by Wheel View Post
                  Pull UP with your right hand as you are gripping the grab handle under the rear seat as far forward as possible. Keep your back straight. LIFT the bike with your right knee, as if it were a heavy box, with your right foot on the stand. It really just pops right on up.
                  I struggled with mine at first then my brother showed me this method and it's been cake ever since.

Comment

Hit the gym...
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                      Hit the gym...
                      In the words of Jackie Mason, "It couldn't hoit!"
                      -
                      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Yeah, I learned how to do it this weekend. I still have a hard time, but I am getting there. Making sure both sides of the center stand down is really key.

Comment

Yeah, the above methods work...or you could hit the gym. J/K

Comment

if you have a slick garage floor you might get a rubber pad to put under the centerstand .. slick floor aint the place to try really
                            so many roads so little time

Comment

Rock the bike side to side to make sure bothe centerstand feet are touching the ground. Then just step on the stand, put your weight on it while pulling back.

You should get to the gym too. Not because of your bike, but because it is good for you and will make you feel good
                              2007 Honda CBR600rr
                              2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X