X

Crazy Drivers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Drivers

I was out this weekend on some winding back country roads that I have never ridden so I was going a little slow through the turns because I have no idea whats ahead but I was still going about 50 MPH and I had these people who probubly no the area really well in cars right on my ***. What is up with that? what do you do? I drive all week and end up behind cars going 45 on a highway that is straight and I dont even ride there ***. Why on a Sunday afternoon do these people on back country road do that? Or is it my fault? Because I have a Katana do I alway have to go 100 MPH cant I chill and enjoy the ride and especially on a rode I dont know. Does this happen to anyone else? what do you do? and why do they do this? Just curious

if there is a place to pull off and let them pass, then do it. If someone is tailgating me, I will flash my brake light a few times, if they dont back off, I go slower...eventually they will get the idea, or they will pass me.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
      if there is a place to pull off and let them pass, then do it. If someone is tailgating me, I will flash my brake light a few times, if they dont back off, I go slower...eventually they will get the idea, or they will pass me.
      BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

We were riding in a group this weekend (7 of us) and we all took turns passing this pickup. When it came time for the last two to pass - they went at the same time and what does the pickup do? Floors it to try to hang them out into oncoming traffic. They were litre bikes so he never really stood a chance but what an a'holeish thing to do... Of course you can't flip him off since he is still driving a truck and is clearly an idiot.

Comment

I mean I guess people just suck, maybe there jealous or mad I dont know. I do know that If I found that guy stopped somewhere I wouldnt be posting this unless the had internet access in jail

Comment

Originally posted by BradsKat View Post
            We were riding in a group this weekend (7 of us) and we all took turns passing this pickup. When it came time for the last two to pass - they went at the same time and what does the pickup do? Floors it to try to hang them out into oncoming traffic. They were litre bikes so he never really stood a chance but what an a'holeish thing to do... Of course you can't flip him off since he is still driving a truck and is clearly an idiot.
            I don't advocate violence, but that's beatdown material right there. He may still be driving a truck, but I can see some more hostile of the species hanging back a bit to see where he pulls off next. Next thing you know, truck-driver guy is at a urinal in the next rest stop when 6 bikers shove a tree branch up his arse. People should respect others on the road; particularly when lives are at stake...
            Last edited by Nero; 08-04-2008, 08:52 AM.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Jealousy

Comment

there are some crazy people riding motorcycles that are making people with cars crazy we have to learn to share the roads as motorists we both have to share the blame and try to respect each other
                sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

JBLUE, I agree we all should be courtious of each other. But if I am a jerk to someone in a car they get ****ed maybe a dent!!! If they do to us we get dead!! Thats a level of disrespect I cant handle.

Comment

Be careful letting cagers pass. If they're dumb enough to tailgate, they're probably not going to pass safely either. I find it easier to pull into a passing lane or oncomming lane and do a reverse pass (brake hard, watching your mirrors closely).
                    WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Oooooo...I like the reverse pass method. Very sneaky!

Comment

I've had to employ the reverse pass only once to avoid a nasty confrontation (good thing I wasn't packin, or he'd of been a statistic) with a hell-bent cager. Only sane thing is to get out of harm's way as safely and quickly as possible - I'd much rather lose a few seconds, than either my freedom or life because of an individual that places a low priority on courtesy and life.
                        2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                        2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Be very cautious with a reverse pass, do not brake until you have changed lanes, and be sure that the over aggressive cager isn't trying to overtake you at the same time, as it can get ugly. And if you brake prior to switching lanes, they will probably try to pass, which will lead to the same ugly outcome.

So remember it IS a dangerous evasion maneuver, and the proper steps are to:
                          1. Change lanes (or move into a passing lane)
                          2. Check mirrors, and check again!
                          3. Brake hard.

This also works well when you are being followed, except instead of pulling in behind them, you time this near an off ramp or turn, and exit/turn behind them. Be mindful of understeer though, as you will load up the front quite a bit.
                          WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquatch View Post
                            I also like to make eye to eye contact, you know make them see a real person behind that visor.

Comment

I definitely hate tailgaters more than anything on the road... well it's a tie between that and people who don't signal on their turns. I agree with tapping on your back brake and letting them pass you. If it's safe enough and there is room, without going into gravel, I'll even pull over and let multiple cars pass me if I'm unfamiliar with the road. I forget sometimes that I can't drive the same way on my bike as I do in a car. I tried hitting my brakes fairly fast once when a guy was tailgating me - mind you it was 2 lanes, no one in sight, I was doing 53 in a 45, and I wasn't in the passing lane!!!!! - and the douche bag got in front of me, erratically, and slammed on his brakes, I had to dodge his car indefinitely but not before I followed him home, and called the cops. Man, if I ever see that guy again...

Comment

Working...
                              X