X

Military sport bike riders course.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military sport bike riders course.

I just signed up for the military sport bike riders course for next week, has anyone attended the course if so let me know what I will be learning next week on this course. I'm looking forward to take this class it's day off work and I get to ride my bike all day.

I learned everything you do in a regular MSF course then the base regulations that your at. For example i have to wear a reflective vest over my gear going on/off base.

Comment

Can you post contact info for signing up for the course in Norfolk? I'm stationed in Mechanicsburg, PA, and the course isn't being offered around here...

thx
      sigpic
      Submariners Do It Deeper!

Comment

The military sports bike course is a great idea with so many young men joining the military as a career and for the first time they have income to do the things that they want to do one of the things most young men want is a motorcycle a lot of them likes the look of the sports bike so they have the money so they go out and buy a sports bike even though they do not have the experience to ride a sports bike they buy it anyway and we all know the end results its good that military realize that a lot of young men in military was buying bikes and getting in accidents and getting badly hurt or sometimes even death so its good that the military is offering courses for its personnel its made the roads a lot safer and the military has less accidents to deal with
        sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

This isn't the first time this has been addressed. In the late '60s an Attorney named Al Eckstrand toured bases with a Hemi, and later Boss Mustangs, giving performance driving lessons for GIs. Just an interesting read if you've got the time. Sorry for the hijack.

Keep 'em shiny side up!

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
            The military sports bike course is a great idea with so many young men joining the military as a career and for the first time they have income to do the things that they want to do one of the things most young men want is a motorcycle a lot of them likes the look of the sports bike so they have the money so they go out and buy a sports bike even though they do not have the experience to ride a sports bike they buy it anyway and we all know the end results its good that military realize that a lot of young men in military was buying bikes and getting in accidents and getting badly hurt or sometimes even death so its good that the military is offering courses for its personnel its made the roads a lot safer and the military has less accidents to deal with

A full stop or period (sometimes stop, full point, decimal point, or dot), is the punctuation mark commonly placed at the end of several different types of sentences in English and many other languages. A full stop consists of a small dot placed at the end of a line of text, such as at the end of this sentence.
            -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

Originally posted by mharrison View Post
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_stop

A full stop or period (sometimes stop, full point, decimal point, or dot), is the punctuation mark commonly placed at the end of several different types of sentences in English and many other languages. A full stop consists of a small dot placed at the end of a line of text, such as at the end of this sentence.
              you must be bored I understand you have nothing to do with your life so you are grading my post what a waste of time go ride your motorcycle if you need something to do
              sigpicAllan

Comment

Originally posted by JBLUE View Post
                you must be bored I understand you have nothing to do with your life so you are grading my post what a waste of time go ride your motorcycle if you need something to do
                Probably like me and stuck at work right now. My wife types the same way you do: annoyingly.
                Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
                -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
                -Terence

Comment

Why tell it and give away the surprises??? Lets just say the course isolates on the two biggest factors of sportbike accidents (other than stupidity) Cornering and braking.
                  sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                  MSF Rider Coach 27028
                  MoPowerSports.com
                  Torco
                  SoCalTrackDays

Comment

Sorry for the hijack 2000katana.

The course sounds like it will be a lot of fun! Even a bad day on your bike (which I don't think this will be) is better than a good day at work! Let us know how it turns out.
                    Last edited by mharrison; 06-09-2008, 04:18 PM.
                    -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
                      Probably like me and stuck at work right now. My wife types the same way you do: annoyingly.
                      I glad to see that my typing is that important to you I am very flattered that you care that much bring a tear to my eye
                      Last edited by JBLUE; 06-09-2008, 05:47 PM.
                      sigpicAllan

Comment

Way to go my brother!!!!

Comment

I had the course on wendsday, I loved it, the only think was that since this was the first course that Norfolk was holding there was allot of press and Navy brass around so the course took a little bit longer then expected had to stop between lessons to talk to press and the brass on how the course was going etc... But overall it was a great course I became more comfortable on leaning my bike a little bit more then I use to and I taking corners at higher speed now and feeling a little bit more comfortable on my kat.

Originally posted by MMCdude View Post
                          Can you post contact info for signing up for the course in Norfolk? I'm stationed in Mechanicsburg, PA, and the course isn't being offered around here...

thx
                          I have the contact info at work I will get it tonight and I will PM you on the info. But from talking to the brass on wendsday they were saying that this course will expand to all the Navy and Marine Core bases by the end of the fiscal year, I will send you the info anyway but the course migth be coming your was pretty soon.

This was my class on wendsday the blue kat on the backround that was me.

Last edited by 2000katana; 06-13-2008, 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Cool. It looks like that was time well spent by everyone. As well as a good day on the Kat!
                            -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

Comment

Originally posted by 2000katana View Post
                              I have the contact info at work I will get it tonight and I will PM you on the info. But from talking to the brass on wendsday they were saying that this course will expand to all the Navy and Marine Core bases by the end of the fiscal year, I will send you the info anyway but the course migth be coming your was pretty soon.
                              I've got the course info I needed, thanks for looking. Safety Center informed me that the closest course to PA would be one opening up somewhere in the DC area at a time yet to be determined.

So, after I take the BASIC course again (don't ever lose your MSF card, it's a PITA), I'll get some TAD time in Norfolk for the MSRC. Oh well, taking the basic course again was a good way to get me down to Norfolk to be with family over the Fourth of July weekend...
                              sigpic
                              Submariners Do It Deeper!

Comment

Working...
                              X