X

newbie question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question

so when im at a red light about to make a u-turn and im the first vehicle in the lane, i sometimes turn my handlebars just slightly to the left before i even start moving, i like how it ables me to already be moving towards my uturn direction rather than starting straight and turning the bars, is this bad? i do it both ways and it SEEMS to help me a little bit to have my bars slightly already turned before moving, but its a slight differences.

I dont think its bad at all. If it is something that will get you in a better position it make the turn then by all means do it. I would have it turned all the way untill your light turns green. Maybe turn it half way in the direction your turning untill your ready to move. Then turn the handlebar in as you see fit. The only reason I say not to have it fully turned while your stopped and waiting is in case you have to move up quickly for some reason or you let go the the clutch to soon in first gear. A slight turn in that case will allow you to recover the bike than if you had the handlebat all the way to one side. Thats my 2 cents.

Comment

right on, thanks..ya u-turns tend to be my akelies heal, i mean im still a noob but everything else for me is easy u-turns are my slowest progress, so im always trying new ways to make em tighter..counter leaning doesnt feel right to me, maybe cuz the kat is so heavy? i dunno

Comment

Don't think of counter balancing as something very exaggerated. It's a very subtle shift of weight
        WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Whatever works and gets you around to your goal direction.
          What used to scare me is now only mildly interesting

Comment

Do what makes you feel cummfy

Comment

I still do that too. It always helps me. In fact, I'd rather catch the yellow light, stop, get ready for the right hand turn and go than try to make it through the yellow light.

Comment

not a newbie question. I do that too and walk a few steps as I use clutch control to go slow. Sometimes if it's a wide u-turn I turn out and then back in. It gives me a better angle to take a sharper turn.

Comment

Working...
                X