X

Question about riding a passenger

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about riding a passenger

Hey, My Kat is my first motorcycle, and also the first one my fiance has ever been on as well. So far we've been alright. Does anyone have any good tips for riding passengers....anything to help me out a little bit and anything for her to know in case of me dropping it or laying it down or anything?

Originally posted by seler12 View Post
    Hey, My Kat is my first motorcycle, and also the first one my fiance has ever been on as well. So far we've been alright. Does anyone have any good tips for riding passengers....anything to help me out a little bit and anything for her to know in case of me dropping it or laying it down or anything?
    -Passenger needs to lean with you (do what you do). Dont be moving about or flailing arms. If they need to move, they need to do it when you stop and let you know first!!
    - In case of laying it down. DO NOT have them put their feet out or down.. Easy way to get a broken leg or foot even in a situation where it just would have been a minor bump or scratch.
    - Passenger always needs to hold on to you (belt, jacket straps, etc.).
    - Check your passenger every so often to make sure they are not ASLEEP! Tap their leg, ask them how they are, etc..
    - Bumps - See above rule about holding on.. Sometimes, bumps are a surprise!

Best advice - Have them read over the MSF course material and be familiar with how to operate a motorcycle and what to do incase of an emergency.

Have fun and stay safe
    2006 Kan-A-Tuna GSX-F 750

Comment

Yup, ride her with the centerstand down, much easier!
      Last edited by GytRDunKat; 05-21-2008, 07:12 PM.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
        Yup, ride her with the centerstand down, much easier!

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

You wanna know how to ride a passenger? There should be some interesting answers to that.

Comment

One thing I do when riding passengers is since they sometimes feel more comfortable holding the grab bar, I tell them if I tap their leg to grab on to me tightly. If they need to stop, they tap on my back or shoulder. Come up with some signals that you both understand.
            John,
            '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
            sigpic

Comment

This may help http://www.kamasutra.com/

Seriously though your manual will have tips on riding 2 up.
              R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Thanks for the info guys!
                Life is a really long ride. Make sure you do it in style.

Comment

Working...
                X