X

Question about the setting of the petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the setting of the petcock

I don't know what is the recommended setting of the petcock for my kat. It is currently set on PRI, by the way I don't know what that means? Can someone help

PRI is prime, not where you want it. Set it in the "On" position.
    In the On and Reserve position fuel will only flow to the carbs while the engine is running.
    In the Prime position fuel will freeflow all the time.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Oh, ok got it, but the only things is that I've tried to set it to ON but it won't turn that way. The petcock has RES, FUEL, PRI, ON. What happens if I leave it on FUEL? Thanks for the reply

Comment

Originally posted by revorider View Post
        Oh, ok got it, but the only things is that I've tried to set it to ON but it won't turn that way. The petcock has RES, FUEL, PRI, ON. What happens if I leave it on FUEL? Thanks for the reply
        Try to turn the petcock to "FUEL"... can't do so, right?!... "FUEL" is just like a 'header' to the petcock... There are only three positions ON/RES/PRI.

And as already said, it should alway be set to "ON" - also when leaving the bike... If fuel is low, turn to "RES". If bike has been standing for a long time (several days) set it to "PRI" for 30 seconds, then turn back to "ON" or "RES" depending on the level of gas in the tank.

See this thread for a lot more information about the 3 positions: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=65006

(and maybe you should read the manual for more ought-to-knows... )

Comment

Working...
        X