X

Sticky: Motorcycle saftey gear in this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky: Motorcycle saftey gear in this forum

Just wanted to point out that apparently they must have moved this info. Going to the link in this post http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=51887 returns "This page cannot be found"

Ok, Found out what the problem was with the original post, the one in the sticky is from 2004 http://www.msf-usa.org/downloads/Equ...04_MSFlogo.pdf

Hunting around on MSF's site I found the current one

Can one of the admins switch out the links to point to the 2007 link?
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

- Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thankie Thankie, Just got home to realise it was changed. Didnt want a noob trying to learn that only one brake is required in his state, and not be able to find it out here.

That amazed me. We dont need blinkers, need only one brake and dont need a helmet after one year, let alone the fact that we only need just one mirror on the left.. Hmmm... I smell Cafe racer here in RI LOL I knew about the helmet thing tho. Just the rest took me off kilter a little.

I had a friend who got nailed last year for a blinker on a Harley. Cop said he couldn't see the blinker, tho my friends the type that uses hand signals all the time. weather riding alone, I been behind him in my cage unknownst to him at the time, or when hes leading out a pack of riders. Although its probably too late, I know he went to court and was fined for having too small of a blinker. Wonder if this was a technicality...

The things you learn when you dont expect too LOL
      If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
      Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

I love living in Indiana

...and no emissions testing either!.

I did just notice one thing, what is up with needing a passenger seat and foot rests for them? I just put the solo cowl on my Daytona and took the foot rests off.
        Last edited by ChrisRam; 01-29-2008, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Usually , if you hand signal , it don't matter .
          Also (in case you were serious...) , you don't actually NEED the passenger accouterments unless you actually TAKE a passenger .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Hey md...you see that using your headlights during the day is not a law in Kentucky? And you said I'd get pulled over for sure . Just giving you a hard time!
            1999 Black Katana GSX-600F

Comment

There are a few laws (look out for it)
              that require XXX if XXX.

Like MD stated. Pegs are needed if you have a passenger.
              Daytime headlight use if equipped.
              Watch out for that and don't take it to mean that stuff can be taken off he bike.

Comment

Originally posted by crazyaussie View Post
                Hey md...you see that using your headlights during the day is not a law in Kentucky? And you said I'd get pulled over for sure . Just giving you a hard time!
                Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                Daytime headlight use if equipped.
                Watch out for that and don't take it to mean that stuff can be taken off he bike.
                Right . Last time I read , it stated something like "vehicles manufactured before 1969 are exempt" , or some such . But the cops mostly will have NO clue about motorcycle specific laws . Which is why I printed that out and carried it with me , just in case . You'd likely get pulled over for something they don't know , and likely ticketed even after showing them the sheet , but when you get to court .... they'll probably make you pay ANYWAY .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                X