X

stuck in neutral...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stuck in neutral...

this morning, i was at a traffic light and placed the bike in neutral to give my hands a rest. When i tried to put it in first, i wouldn't engage, no matter how hard i stepped on the lever. i had to walk the bike into the shoulder so i wouldn't hold up traffic. I tried it again and then it magically worked. This has happened to me a couple of times now. I know it's operator error, so any tips/tricks would be appreciated.

Roll the bike forward or backwards a few inches, it will engage then.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

yep just roll forward or back a little,
      25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

hmm noted....just in case that happens to me

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I also noticed sometimes if i let the clutch out just a tad it will slip right into first when it gets stuck.
          2002 GSX-R750
          2001 GSX-600F (sold)

Comment

I think you might need to adjust your clutch..

Comment

Yea the roll works my bike tends to do that when it has been sitting for awhile. I just accidentally found out this solution one time when I was freaking out and the bike rolled forward a little and actually went into 1st when my foot was on the lever.
              "It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them"

KatRider. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Uloset, a young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                Roll the bike forward or backwards a few inches, it will engage then.

Ditto
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

thanks guys. i'll try all you're suggestions next time it happens. i just hate being honked at in traffic while i'm struggling to get the bike going.

Comment

If you want to adjust your clutch here is the link to a great how to:

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                    mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.

Comment

Good to know, lol happened to me too.

Comment

Working...
                      X