X

anyone who owns a GSX-R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone who owns a GSX-R

ok i just sold my katana 600 and bought a gixer 750, by the way, BIG difference!! anyways, im trying to learn how to wheelie and they say the easiest way is just to power wheelie by simply accelerating, i've gotten the from wheel off the ground a couple inches but then im hittin about 65 mph. to get it up in shorter distance they say to hit about 35 mph in first gear, then close and re-open the throttle. now the problem with this is that my body jerks back from the torque so im afraid of losing control. am i doing something wrong or just need more experience?

I think you answered yourself. Before trying to stunt your Gixer you need to control the throtlle, torque and power of it.

I own a Gixer 1K so I know what I'm talkling about
    Guylaine
    Try and keep up now

Comment

Re: anyone who owns a GSX-R

Originally posted by eb770
      so im afraid of losing control.
      That sounds like the problem to me . Maybe you should rethink your stunting career .....
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Re: anyone who owns a GSX-R

Originally posted by md86
        Originally posted by eb770
        so im afraid of losing control.
        That sounds like the problem to me . Maybe you should rethink your stunting career .....
        But it looked so easy in that movie Torque?!
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

It's all about clutch control and hitting plenty of rpm with the throttle. Man, I hate to tell you this but you are going to drop her a few times learning to wheelie. Just don't be surprised. Just make sure you have your gear on and practice away from traffic in a secluded area. You can wheelie easily going much slower than that.

If I were you, I would get a crash cage. They make nice ones for the gixxers and I would think about removing the fairings while you are learning.
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

definately want to invest in an engine cage, or at least frame sliders.

If the sprockets are stock, you should have your rpms in the 7000-8000 range. Let off the throttle fully then slam the throttle hard. also pull up on the bars, and you will feel it going up. Once you get a little more experienced, put you left foot on the rear peg and try the above. This will put you weight toward the rear and the front will come up easier. If you change your rear spocket +2, then you can wheelie in the 4000 rpm range. I wouldn't suggest using the clutch till you learn. The clutch will jump the bike up too fast if your not careful. but who says all this is being careful anyway. hope you got plenty of gear

and btw: take your fairings and your stay bracket with the headlight off until your comfortable
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

DOn't get me started on the movie Torque. Star Wars is more realistic than that movie!!!
              Who brought the retarded kid?

Comment

If I were you, I would get a crash cage. They make nice ones for the gixxers and I would think about removing the fairings while you are learning.
                That's really good advise there
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

yeah i definitly dont want to drop my gixer. i have frame sliders but i dont think they'd do much when you drop it as 30 mph. i'll stick to the normal power ups that take a quarter mile to do. thanks alot guys. maybe i'll just buy another bike for that kinda stuff.

btw: i guess i'll just learn how to fight other bikers while riding like on torque. looks easier

Comment

A lot of guys DO have a dedicated thrasher bike . I saw a couple at work last week , actually . They were SO beat up I couldn't tell what they USED to be anymore . But they had crash cages .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X