X

600 or 750?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600 or 750?

I am a new rider. I grew up riding dirt bikes but it has been almost 20 years since I've been on a motorcycle. I just went to look at a new 2006 Katana 600. The dealer suggest this bike for me. He gave me a price of $5500 OTD for the 600 and $6500 for the 750. So my question is if I should spend the extra $1000 for the 750. I am 6' 195. I am also taking the Motorcycle safety course to help get me back up to speed. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The seat height is the same on the bikes (31.1"). From an ergo point of view it won't make a difference. Weight shouldn't be a big deal either, they both are heavy bikes.

From a price point of view the April NADA had the retail price on a used 2006 600 at $5450 and the 750 at $5960.

Comment

Well, the handle bars are higher on the 750. If you plan to do some two-up riding, opt for the 750.

MSF = definitely

Long Live the D

Comment

For just a bit more you could get the new GSX650F...

2008 GSX650F
        MSRP: $6,999.00

This is from the Suzuki site and the new one is FI and you would probably be the first one here to own one...
        Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I'd go for the 750
          R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
          X