No announcement yet.
X

How Do I Get My Kat To Do A Wheelie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess that was a Freudian slip, there, stealth...
    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

AHHH i meant NOT!!

Comment

Originally posted by IForgotMyUserName2
        AHHH i meant NOT!!
        Well you blew it there, slick. It's too late. You need to work on your opening line if you wanna pick up your 'A' game.
        =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

do you think i could get by on like my "B" or "B+" game??

Comment

With a twelve pack or other suitable alcoholic beverage, an 'F' game will even work wonders.
            =USAF= Retired

Comment

I dont know if i'm the only one that can stay on topic
              but I just learned wheelies, and they are easy on my 91 600. yeah my fork seals are shot, but I dont care, just replace them. I find the easiest way is to stay in first, ride to7- 8,000rpm, let off all throttle, sit up straight, and hammer the gas. its called a power -on wheelie, really easy and alot of fun to watch and ride

Comment

slipping the clutch works to, but its really hard on chains, sprockets, clutch, and crank, so I dont recommend it untill your good with power ons

Comment

Check out these videos. They are pretty cool. I used to practice in parking lots. I brought the front up a few times. The kat is a bit front heavy for wheeling, that is why everyone says you will blow fork seals easily when you are comming back down.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Roops Photography|facebook|
                  03 GSXR 1000
                  04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                  Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

Thanks Guys,
                    I think I might just buy a 2nd bike that is much lighter and can do wheelies easily.
                    keep the kat for those long rides.

Comment

usually i clutch it up to about 8-9k.

something that is starting to get to me is whenever im out riding everyone and thier mom wants me to wheelie. i did wheelie for a bus of elementry school kids because i like to watch them smile and wave but anyone over ten i probably wouldnt do it for.

Comment

also heres a vid but this guy definitely almost eats it.

Comment

wheelie on a katana isnt hard at all.everybody talks about fork seals blowing if you know how to wheelie and sit the front wheel back down right you will never have a problem.Been riding bikes for over 30 years and wheelied everything I ever owned.The problem with the katana is that if you overrev it trying to clutch it to get it up the back tire spins.use less revs to launch the front wheel and once the wheel comes up roll on the throttle.Dont get scared when the front wheel starts climbing and slam the throttle shut instead roll off slowly and the wheel will not come crashing down.
                          Attached Files

Comment

a guy with a screen name freshus come on of course she is a her btw why spend the money on bike just to try and tear it up

Comment

Put a big enough sprocket on the back, and anything will wheelie...

Comment

wheeling your kat

First of all quit abusing your clucthes, is'nt the wheelie punshment enough!
                                put your bike in first gear get going 10 to 15 mph and stand up on your pegs next slighty roll on and off of your throtel to create a spring effect with your front end. When your forks suck down and start to come back up roll HARD on your throtel and pull up on your handel bars. If you have a 750 she will come up rather easy and even more so if you change your sprokets out you will sacrifice top end if you choose to do this. next you will need to learn to shift gears becouse first gear raps out quick doing wheelies if you plan on rideing them very far but that is a lesson for another day. Now let me remind you that there are much better bikes for wheeling than your kat but if you are like me I will pop anything up just for fun. I would also try practing on a dirt bike or a gixxer750 or some thing that is easy to get up off the ground. Hope this helps
                                "I wanna go fast"

Comment

Working...
                                X