Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Question: #1 reason noobs drop their bikes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous maneuvering through parking lots - too much brake, not enough stability/speed

Comment

And never park with the nose downhill. yes there are ways it can be done. sorta safe. But I still dont do it. just dont trust it. then again been there done that.

Dumb little stuff that you just dont know because you have never rode is what gets most of us.
      Live Fast, Die Stupid

05 GSXR-1000 70000 miles
      6.28 @ 122 in the 8th (short bike. 56")
      5.90 @ 127 in the 8th (long bike. 62") Its still got more to go.

Comment

Most of the crashes I see at work are because of untrained riders getting on a bike and taking off. It isn't long until they are going faster than they think they are and then pannic and brake. Train on a small bike that crashes well and then drive smart with your Kat!!!

Comment

I hate to admit but the 2nd day i had my bike I had just warmed it up in the garage and was about to take off when the wife called. Removed helmet,took off gloves answered the call.Got off the bike to check on something then... CLUNK! Doh kickstands should be down when noones on it!
          “What you own is your own kingdom
          What you do is your own glory
          What you love is your own power
          What you live is your own story” -Niel Peart

Comment

i just dropped mine unloading it from my truck after taking the dmv test for the liscence i broke the right mirror, brake lever, and turn signal. And grabbed the left mirror to catch the bike and it's not working like it should.
            All on my first legal day to ride
            1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
            1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
            Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

i think the #1 reason ppl drop their bikes follows the famous last words "Watch This" and when that happens see me for your Dumb *** of the Day award!!! lol

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I drove in the cold, my clutch hand went knumb, and slipped off at a 4 way stop.....she laid down right there at the intersetion.

Comment

I laid mine over in my house trying to put the center stand down on laminate hardwood floor. The are super slick.
                  02' Katana 600
                  D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

LOL you messed up your bike and your floor

Comment

• luckily it was while I was painting and no fairings or tank was on it.
                      02' Katana 600
                      D&D Slip on, 5 Degree Factory Pro advancer, 03' tail fairing, Integrated taillight

Comment

• i didnt drop my bike but i dropped a dirt bike going around a corner on the road (i know its a dirt bike but i take it on the road from time to time and sell it was wet and it slid out from under me)

but i would think there not use to 2 wheels and its alot different than 4

Comment

• do some weight training IE thighs and calves also throw in some upper body too, watch the low speed braking(yes mine has been dropped also)! LOL!

Comment

• i think the biggest one is cockeyness/ over confidence i know i was but mother earth put me in my place (also just being new to something makes you nervous so you do tend to make the little mistakes like forgetting to put the side stand down (did it), or grabbing the front break to hard stuff like that)

Comment

• 1. never park your Kat facing downhill even on a gradual slope...I did once

2. that white glow-paint marking off pedestrian crossways at lights is slick as greased owl dookie

3. watch for the road surface to change color...color change can indicate gravel, sand, water, or other bad joo joo

4. vehicles turning left, whether going your way or against you can be lethal weapons

5. be cautious of downshifting all the way to 1st while moving

6. never let a neck scarf (muffler)blow in the wind behind you...wrap it tight or don't use it

7. neither accelerate nor brake on gravel, sand, water, or other bad joo joo

8. if the cell phone goes off and you are in motion, let it ring

9. be wary of cars in front of you that pull off the road to stop, or turn around---I usually come to a complete halt and let them do whatever they want to do...they aren't paying attention to me...then I go on

10. if you don't want to be a bum you better chew gum; don't follow leaders, and watch the parking meters

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• lot of good info here..

Comment

Working...
                                X