Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Question: #1 reason noobs drop their bikes...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thankfully have not dropped my bike...but came close when I stopped in gravel and put my foot down n it slid. I know a lot of people who have done that too. I'm extra careful now.
    Still riding on back sissy girl???

Comment

• i dropped my bike because i was trying to back it out of my garage, and there is a bump at the end of the garage. Well i couldnt get it over by trying to back it over so i figured i would get off the bike, i had my left hand on the left handle bar, and my right hand of the grab bar, well of coarse the bike started to fall away from me... Nothing i could do to stop it besides not be an idiot.
      94' gsx600f

Comment

• i dropped mine because i am retarded lol

Comment

• i forgot to put my feet down........................ just kidding
          "even one weak point is a weak point, DON'T MAKE ANY!" ~me

2006 turboed kat
          2004 marauder 800

Comment

• Well, I just dropped her again. Girlfriend met me at the Mexican restaurant for dinner. As I was backing into my spot the kids jumped out of the truck. She started backing into her parking spot, and I noticed in my mirror my son was right behind the truck.

Now, I had gone thru all the usual steps when I park except the kick stand. As I turned to the left telling my boy to get back out of the way, a combination of weight shift and handle bars turned left, sent me down. Luckily my ankle absorbed most of the weight of the bike when she hit. However it was awfully hard trying to upright the bike with it on my foot. And I'm sure those that witnessed the event found it funny.

I love my son to death, but what was he thinking jumping out of the truck before it was parked. Then getting behind it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 92GSX750 View Post
              Well, I just dropped her again. Girlfriend met me at the Mexican restaurant for dinner. As I was backing into my spot the kids jumped out of the truck. She started backing into her parking spot, and I noticed in my mirror my son was right behind the truck.

Now, I had gone thru all the usual steps when I park except the kick stand. As I turned to the left telling my boy to get back out of the way, a combination of weight shift and handle bars turned left, sent me down. Luckily my ankle absorbed most of the weight of the bike when she hit. However it was awfully hard trying to upright the bike with it on my foot. And I'm sure those that witnessed the event found it funny.

I love my son to death, but what was he thinking jumping out of the truck before it was parked. Then getting behind it.
              Well I'm glad to know that your sons life came before you bike! Glad he didn't get hurt.
              94' gsx600f

Comment

• I think most beginners the their bikes for these reasons

Not trusting tires and understand bikes want to lean over in turns.

Throttle control to keep the bike balanced in low speed turns.

Not understanding leverage and how heaving te bike can be if you lose your balance

Freezing up if you need to stop aggressive. (of/when the rear tire locks, their brain locks and they don't let pressure off the brake to regain traction

Freezing up if you hit gravel, oil, water, painted sections of street of foggy days etc.. The bike slides and then shutting is to shut down the throttle or stop turning right away. Both cause crashes

If anyone getting into street riding has a chance to learn on the dirt it can make you such a better rider on the street.

Comment

• Thats how we get cheap bikes.

my new 400 dollar kat was a tipover victim of the last owner while putting air in the tire. he did not put the kickstand on a flatspot therefore providing me with a very cheap great running bike with a 20 dollar mirror broke and 40 bucks worth of paint damage. Thank you to all who provide us with our next great bike by just not paying attention!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickyhj2002 View Post
                    Because they're noobs....i forgot to put my kickstand down
                    Because the kickstand wasn't fully deployed at a gas station, I dropped my bike.

I also dropped it another time in the street while making a low-speed U-turn and lost my balance.
                    Black & Blue - Kludge Fixed Katana - 1990 Katana GSX-600F [out of service - engine swap started 9/8/12; ETA 9/30/12]
                    Beaten and bruised, clawing its way back from the dead for the 3rd time. 2-up tourer
                    2001 Buell Blast 515cc, V&H Exh, Buell Pro-Series Intake, Stage IV Jetting, Raptor II Streetfighter Front Headlight/Fairing Assembly, Dual HIDs -- "The Misfit"

Comment

• i just dropped mine just today in the parking lot at work after i just washed it... seems Kats dont like snow to much, and the tire will spin out from under you if you try riding in it lol... and before everyone thinks im ret**ded i wasnt going to ride on the snowey roads, just wanted to see how slick snow really is
                      if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

• I dropped mine the first time I tried to slowly accelerate up an incline while trying to perform a u-turn to go down the incline :/ had to replace a mirror after that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurdj2585 View Post
                          I dropped mine the first time I tried to slowly accelerate up an incline while trying to perform a u-turn to go down the incline :/ had to replace a mirror after that one.
                          dang that does sound kinda tricky. luckily...or perhaps unfortunately (for experience)...Florida is super flat and thus I will not likely have to go through with this kind of maneuver.
                          2001 GSX600F

Comment

• Originally posted by sekter View Post
                            dang that does sound kinda tricky. luckily...or perhaps unfortunately (for experience)...Florida is super flat and thus I will not likely have to go through with this kind of maneuver.
                            It was horrible the first time I tried but after that its not bad at all. I live about 40 mins north of you and work right around the corner in Brandon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurdj2585 View Post
                              I dropped mine the first time I tried to slowly accelerate up an incline while trying to perform a u-turn to go down the incline :/ had to replace a mirror after that one.

I think I would have rode to the top of the hill and then turned around

Comment

• Read this whole thing to learn some new tricks and i have to say im much more knowledgeable after 18 pages haha. I do have on question, many of you said things about how you dumped it going through gravel on a road, or sand. What is the best corrective action if i run into situations like that?

Comment

Working...
                                X