X

Help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I just bought a used Katana 600 and I am not that familiar with it. I dont have the owners manual so I couldnt find the answer to my question.

The bike I have does not label the Reserve, On, or Off position of the fuel valve. What position is on, off and reserve. I dont want to be riding in reserve mode all the time. Thanks, sorry if this is a stupid question, but im new.
    Sir, Did you know I clocked you at 130mph?
    No officer, I didn’t realize I was going that fast.....

There is no "OFF" position.

Down (6 o'clock) is ON
    Left (9 o'clock) is Reserve
    Right (3 o'clock) is Prime

In the On position, fuel only flows when the engine is running

In the reserve position, fuel also only flows when the engine is running, but it takes fuel from the tank at a lower level than when in the "ON" position.

In the prime position, fuel is ALWAYS flowing, whether the engine is running, or not. This is only used when the float bowls in the carbs are dry. (i.e. you drained them, OR, the bike has sat for a long time)

The switch should be in the "ON" position for normal riding.
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

It's ok to be new..
      But look around this info is stickied in the....
      Son of a gun.. It's not. Someone needs to sticky this in the FAQ forum..

Comment

is that for all models and years?

Comment

oh and im in the same boat that FUTURE LT is in but i just guessed and just figured out that i had it on prime for about 1000 miles. is that bad?

Comment

1000 miles?

How long ago was this, and how many miles have you rode since?

If one of your float valves were stuck open, it could leak gas into your oil...

I would smell your oil just to make sure there isn't any gas in there.
            Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
            18v Rigid Drill
            Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
            New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

well i just stopped the same day i read that. (which was yesterday. i'll check my oil, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X