Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Whats the best way to start out kids w/ riding?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I´m showing my nephew (3 months old) a lot of bike pics and vids...
    Rossi started with 3 years, so...
    PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
      I really want to get a nice 125cc dirtbike for Jamie and Samantha...the fact that I can fit on it...coincidence (and I hope BB reads this)
      will that be in a box too????
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

I have four kids. 3 girls and a boy. My oldest two girls started on a PW80 when they were 11 & 9. That's when I got into dirt bikes. As long as you start a little slow, so they don't get scared, a gear them up (padding everywhere) they will do great if you make it fun. We go all the time now and they are 13 & 11. I now have 2 80's, one for each of them and a 50 for my 6 year. She is the craziest of the bunch. My 3 year, he should be starting soon. But I am sure not to push. My 6 year old pushed me to take her and it made it a lot easier to convince to keep going the first time she fell, because it was all her choice. We have the best time out in the desert just riding. They aren't motocross racers by an means, but we love the outdoors together and we love motorcycles together. That is how I got back into street bikes and they now understand why daddy loves riding so much.

Comment

Start them out small. My sister and I are going to be getting her kids (9 and 7) a little dirt bike once I get down there, and we are going to teach them to ride. The clutch thing will prolly be the hardest part by far, but once they get that down... WATCH OUT!
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I think that the best thing is to get them on at a young age. I started out on a bike at the age of 5 and have really never been off of one since.......just too much fun...
            Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Start em as young as you can in the safest environment you can take em to. Get them the gear and MAKE THEM WEAR IT! This will teach proper safety from day one. My son is still alive today because of wearing the proper gear.
              Ron
              MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Put them on a Hayabusa. If they can reach the controls, get it for them. Hey, why not go all out. They deserve the best!

Comment

Start them in snow like I did, the fall is cold but soft.
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                  Who knows what is next?
                  Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                  Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                  X