X

new rider... need sum advice..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new rider... need sum advice..

hey every1.. new to this board and new to riding bikes.. I got a 94 katana back in Nov dat has bout 30,000 miles on it.. wen i ride.. i usually neva go past 5k rpms.. but, den i read dat da katana runs best at high rpms, 8-10k rpms or soo.. just want to know if its all right for my bike to get up dat high with its high millage.. dont want to start having problems by doing soo..

I wouldn't cruise at those rpm levels, but sure, take it up there once in a while...or more often if desired. Do you know what kind of miles those 30K were?

Comment

before i got it.. dis bike was pampered.. all in town miles.. neva rode hard or raced or nything like dat.. so it sounds like its ok to shoot it up there here and there.. dis is my first sports bike and riding da bike in its power band seems a lot different den how i have been riding it..

Comment

i usually ride around 5 grand also
        06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

I wouldn't want to red line in through every gear

Comment

Welcome to KR!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

30k miles isn't a lot. Just because most people in the US don't ride their bikes that much, doesn't mean the bikes wont do it.

Ride it like you stole it. I've never owned a bike that didn't actually run better after a good thrashing.
              I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

30k miles is squat.....I did well over 100k with my 92 1100.

question: do you talk like you type?
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                    I was gonna comment on that myself.. For those of you out there who think you type like you text on your phone... Think again. It's frickin annoying.

Anyhow. When I'm going through the gears and just riding normal (not beating the pi$$ out of it) I run it up to between 5 and 7. When cruising on the highway or what not I keep it between 5 and 6. You won't hurt it by getting it up there.

Remember, Caps Lock is Cruise Control for Cool

Comment

haha.. yea, i know.. its kinda a habbit now but i'll try to fix that up.. at least when i talk on here..

Comment

Working...
                      X