Knee Dragging Without Pucks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knee Dragging Without Pucks

Here's a related topic to a4cruiser's lean question:

I am starting to drop my knee when cornering. Don't want to invest in pucks unless I find I need (Kneed?) them.

If you drop a knee when wearing riding pants without pucks and your knee touches down, but with CE-armor in the knee (like my Fieldsheer, and now my JR now that I upgraded the armor), does the armor do a good job of protecting your knees? I know the textile will probably be abraded away, but that can be fixed by installing puck velcro. It's my knee I am most worried about.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

If you drop your knee without pucks you are running the risk of the material catching on the pavement and ripping your leg out of position and causing you to lose balance...potentially causing a lowside.

IMHO....buy a pair of pucks. You can find them for $30.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
      If you drop your knee without pucks you are running the risk of the material catching on the pavement and ripping your leg out of position and causing you to lose balance...potentially causing a lowside.
      OUCH!

That could turn me into a :blueangel
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Are your knees worth 30 bucks to you?
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Didn't know they were that cheap! 'Course, you gotta factor in sewing the velcro pads to the pants, too.
          "Stevie B" Boudreaux

Comment

Here ya go.... some Velcro and some pucks.

These ceramic knee sliders are the premium knee slider offered by Joe Rocket. The ceramic material used is harder and is more friction resistant than regular...
            -Steve

sigpic
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
            Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB
              Didn't know they were that cheap! 'Course, you gotta factor in sewing the velcro pads to the pants, too.
              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
              JOHN 16:33

Comment

cheaper than skin grafts i can asure you

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

All about knee sliders:

There was an British magazine that published alternatives to knee sliders...they tested a small frying pan, a 1/2 quart pan, and even a dildo...it was funny to read...
                  Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                  Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Duct tape . That's what .... damn WHICH racer was that again ...... Anyway , when kneedragging was JUST getting started way back when , he'd wrap his knees in tape . They'd slide just like pucks do now .
                    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
                    X