X

a few questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few questions?

1. Will a 96 stock kat 750 lift the front wheel off the ground if you accelerate from lets say 25mph? I would just go out and find out but I would rather not lol

2. What are the stock tire sizes on the 96 750?

3. Any one have any idea how hot the side of the engine gets?

1: Not gonna even go there ....
    2: 110/80 150/70
    3: Hot enough to burn you if you touch it . All you need to know
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Alright one down now I still want to know about the other two.

I need to know about the engine temperature because I'm planing on making a temperature monitor for it and the sensors I have are good up to 250 Celsius so I need to know if it gets hotter than that or not.

I ask about lifting the front tire off the ground because I've heard some people comment that the 600's wont and I don't really wana go out and find out if my 750 will or not.

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
        Alright one down now I still want to know about the other two.

I need to know about the engine temperature because I'm planing on making a temperature monitor for it and the sensors I have are good up to 250 Celsius so I need to know if it gets hotter than that or not.
        Q1 No idea

Q2 Not that hot! If Matt can't touch his without burning himself
        a. he has girley hands
        b. he's running engine mods. that have him running a lot hotter than me.
        Do a search for Cyber and his oil temp kits. That will tell you the max temp of the oil... Max temp of the engine skin should be lower..

Comment

Nope but I will do that right now.

Comment

I would assume if you try to wheelie it you will get the tire off the ground but I don't think twisting the throttle hard at 25 would get the tire up. Maybe if going up a steep hill?

Comment

1- A moped will wheelie at 25. A ninja 250 will wheelie at 25. Pretty much anything WILL wheelie. The kat won't just rear up on you though. It takes a lot of coaxing. I don't recommend trying it. Do a little search on it, you'll find all of our opinions.

3- Yeah, I can burn myself on my motor, too. Maybe BP has one of those rare electric katana's.
              Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

For the record.....

250C = 480F

Not sure what the exact numbers are but I know if your oil ventures to the 400F range, you got big problems, like the fact that the flash point is there..... Boom....
                None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                -Robert Morrison

"
                well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Yeah , the crankcase covers MAY not get hot enough to burn me right away , but I don't wanna hold one for more than a couple seconds . And reaching up under the carbs with a shorty screwdriver to adjust a pilot WILL cause some nice redness of the back of the hand if you ain't careful . That's plenty hot to me if I can't touch it for more than a couple seconds without a little pain .....

Comment

Yea The temperature sensors are robust but I really did not want to just melt one on the side of the engine if I could help it.

I dont know about wheelying a scooter with me on it lol at least not the 150cc I was riding before I got my bike.

I just wondered about the katana because if I give it half throttle from 25mph I can definitely feel the front end lighten up. So rather than be nuts and go try it and kill my self I figured I would ask.

Comment

good choice. lol.... The big thing to worry about with the 750's appears to be don't wack it open in the middle of a corner, my 600 sorta looks at me and thinks about going, but the 750's take off...
                      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
                      -Robert Morrison

"
                      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

Q1: They all will come up in the right conditions - even in 2nd gear if you're pushin hard - will it come over on you - could if you dump the clutch - (there's plenty of guys on here who've been lookin for parts cuz they looped em).

Q2:

Q3: If you have you gloves on - you can use the sides of the head as hand warmers when its cold out (yes i've actually done that)
                        97 Katana 600
                        [email protected] (or IM)

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484
                          ... Maybe BP has one of those rare electric katana's.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I can burn myself on my motor, too. Maybe BP has one of those rare electric katana's.
                            Manly:
                            possessing qualities befitting a man
                            I'm just saying..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                              Yeah, I can burn myself on my motor, too. Maybe BP has one of those rare electric katana's.
                              Manly:
                              possessing qualities befitting a man
                              I'm just saying..

How about "not stupid enough to grab a hot engine and get USED to it" .

Comment

Working...
                              X