X

foot position

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foot position

I have been riding for 10years now and the other day I realized that when my feet are on the foot pegs I ride with my toes. I never noticed before so I started moving my feet around like riding on the arch of my foot and also the heal but I found that I felt like I had more control riding with my toes and aslo some how felt the road better through my legs.

Is this just me or do you ride this way aswell?

i keep the balls of my feet on the pegs. then move forward when i need to use the controls.
    03 katanika

Comment

I'll keep my midsoles on the pegs when riding on the highway, but when I want to ride the twisties I'll put the balls of my feet on the pegs to keep the toes up and in away from the pavement.
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

yeah thats what i do ^^^^ one day i was takin a slow turn and didnt slide my foot back and it was kinda sharp and scraped my boot on the ground. cought me off guard but it was all good
        wanted a busa but bought a kat like it alot very nice to ride lol

Comment

I too ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs. The only time I don't is long highway trips when my legs start cramping up. I'll just move around to give my legs a brake, but after I get my legs loosened up I go back to my normal position.

Comment

I was watching the new endurance series on speed the other day and noticed one of the riders not riding with the balls of his feet. He setup for a turn burned his foot on the pavement and went down hard. Always ride on the balls of your feet when cornering. Although on a goldwing even if you keep your feet tucked in you'll still burn your boot, lol
            "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

I have rashed my boots a little due to foot placement in hard corners. My problem is letting my feet turn out while riding. It is comfortable in a straight away, but when those corners come up tuck those boots in.

Comment

my foot is usually in my mouth

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                  'Tis always better to have a foot in your mouth, than in your @ss.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
                    Originally posted by Range
                    'Tis always better to have a foot in your mouth, than in your @ss.

Comment

Working...
                    X