X

Lessons learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lessons learned

So I was riding to work the other day and I had a back pack full of stuff, so I figured tying my running shoes to the back of my back pack would be a good idea, but at the end of the ride I discovered that I had lost one shoe and the other was lodges in between my left pipe and chain guard. Had it not been for the chain guard, I would have been airborne. Lesson learned, I now know the sissy bar is there for a reason. Well, I live to ride another day, rubber side down, shiny side up.
    Sonny
    Doing a mile at a time on my Sin City Kitty

Heh. Next time, I suggest getting a second opinion before you take off like that again.

Comment

I agree

I heard that
      Doing a mile at a time on my Sin City Kitty

Comment

glad to hear your ok...maybe put your shoes on and they wont end up all over the place...J/K
        "It is not how these officers died that made them heroes.... It's how they lived"

Comment

That is why I like using a tank bag. You can keep an eye on your stuff. You may also want to invest in a cargo net. They are cheap and easy to store under your seat.

Comment

learn to tie a better knot?
            03 katanika

Comment

Test ride a Buell, get the sling bag- it's got a criss-cross bungie that will hold your shoes or wet riding gear perfectly.
              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
              X