X

lesson learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or he may have stretched it a little .
    why would i make it up? i was in second i got on the throttle, then pulled up on the handle bars while shifting and popping the clutch the bike went up really easy and fast maybe its a bigger sprocket then 47, if 47 is stock. i told the guys at the suzuki shop i wanted a bigger back sprockt and it looked alot biger then the one that was on. beleive what you want. i know what i did, and i know why im out of work for 3 weeks lol

Comment

So how much damage did you do to the bike? Any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
        You forgot to ask what size the front sprocket was...

shawn026, search for the RIP JASON05 thread. He started the exact same way. We laid him to rest just a few months ago, after about a year of riding.

=-= The CyberPoet
        +1000000000

Comment

the damage to the bike was minimal left side fairing smashed left mirror broke off left side engine cover broken blown front tire slightly bent front rim tail lite busted and right side tail plastic cracked

Comment

and you are safe.

Comment

Why on God's green earth do these threads keep popping up.

I was trying to wheelie, I crashed.
              I broke my bike while wheeling.
              I crashed trying this/that.

I'm going to start posting on every single one of these assinine threads.
              And I'll keep doing it until everyone gets dam tired of seeing my replies.

For heavens sake, we only encourage the actions of others by responding to these dam threads. Stop encouraging/instructing/assisting. Whatever you want to call it.

Please. Thank you.

Comment

well heres an update on my injuries well my leg hasnt been felling so good after the accident, so i went to the ER and the DR tell my my leg is broken its my right fibula. i didnt even know it was broke. i walked around ith a broken fibula for 3 weeks that is unreal

Comment

Originally posted by shawn026
                  the damage to the bike was minimal left side fairing smashed left mirror broke off left side engine cover broken blown front tire slightly bent front rim tail lite busted and right side tail plastic cracked
                  MINIMAL?

Squid tastes greasy.

Comment

well that sucks i hope that you get better and i seriously hope that you learned something from this i think that you might swap the original sprocket back on its there for a reason i dont mean to offend but it looks like youve learned an expensive lesson youve been riding for three months come on man life is long and if you dont take some time to learn about what your doing yours wont be

Comment

Originally posted by KATANA_J1ZR
                      Why on God's green earth do these threads keep popping up.

I was trying to wheelie, I crashed.
                      I broke my bike while wheeling.
                      I crashed trying this/that.

I'm going to start posting on every single one of these assinine threads.
                      And I'll keep doing it until everyone gets dam tired of seeing my replies.

For heavens sake, we only encourage the actions of others by responding to these dam threads. Stop encouraging/instructing/assisting. Whatever you want to call it.

Please. Thank you.
                      It's called enabling. And, yeah, we are guilty. Mea culpa.

I pledged to do better. Really. Not blowing smoke here, notice no smilies?
                      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I have 14/50 and can't bring it up in 2nd if i rev to 9 and dump it

Never try a wheelie on an unfamiliar bike/right after a change. Just accelerate lightly, and progress harder till she comes up.

I'll never understand why wheelies are so taboo. Just make sure you don't hurt anyone else.
                        Live and Lean.
                        When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                        "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                        Romans 3:23

Comment

Working...
                        X