No announcement yet.
X

Rear brake! When and how to use it ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, the faster you're going the less rear brake you need. the 70/30 rule is just a guideline. the faster you're going and the quicker you need to stop the more weight is being transfered to the front thus the more front and less back brake you need.
    - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by SL1D3R
      I never use my breaks in a curve. I slow down beforehand and accelerate into them.
      This is also a misconception...you should never accelerate into a corner, you set your speed before you enter, maintain it and you accelerate out of the corner. Accelerating through a corner will push your line out and cause you to correct during the curve. You should also, in emergancy situations, use both brakes but straighten the bike up before doing so, once the bike is in an upright position you are now doing a standard emergancy brake and can apply both brakes
      Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

I found this by accident...
        Intersting info on rear brakes.
        A Katana was used (hence why I found it)

Comment

Working...
        X