Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

So do you still start out small..if you're big ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm tall, 6"3, started on a 600... dropped it once practicing tight turns in a parking lot (stop and start in a tight place)
    It was used and wasnt perfect cosmetically so I didnt care, I feel more free on it, as in free to really practice the way I need... not being scared of practicing emergency stops and what not because I dont wanna drop it.

Ill paint it eventually when i feel more comfy about it all. don't feel overwhelmed by the power but then i never tapped very high in the revs eh

Comment

OK I am 6" was 275 now ~ 225 I learned on a JAWA CZ250 in the UK back in 81 then they changed so that all learners had to ride >12 hp 125 cc. My Jawa was large and confortable and more prone to pop the front tire off than my kat. 2 stroke twin, but I never got my endorsment, and 23 years later got my Kat 1100, for the first 500 miles I know I did not get over 1/3 throttle or past 5K RPM I just rode easy getting a feel for it. Like bilal6015 I can control the throttle and my ego I have been a very susessful street racer ( back in the 70's) by knowing my limits and the limits of my machine.

I did scare the )(*^&)^& out of me when I down shifted 2 gears and blipped the throttle but I controled it
      William the Wild1
      Red 1992 1100 only dumped once by a little old lady, in 7K miles

Comment

I'm a relative newbie.. riding for six months. I am 26 and come right from riding nothing on two wheels to getting a Kawasaki ex500R and taking it out on the track here near where I live. That Ninja was just too small and when i cornered i felt like my weight (just under 250 and 6'2) was giving me more angle than I was expecting. The reason i bought the Kat 600 was because of its overall weight. I think its a great starter bike and for anyone my size or bigger I wouldn't suggest any 250 or 500. They are just too small and bring in other issues than those of the normal newbie rider problems. I am a super cautious and safe rider and feel comfortable as can be on the Kat (even though my riding group of 959's and R1's make fun of me.)
        Chase

Comment

I had Suzuki EX500, great first bike to learn on. now a 750 Katana. movin' on up like the Jefferson...

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

I'm a big girl and I'm starting out on 600. And I am very comfortable on it. And with me not being a small woman, riding a 250 or even a 500 would just make me look ridculous. I LOVe my 600 and plan on staying with the 600.
            KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

Irenekat said I dont think starting out on a VFR would be very smart no matter what height the rider was at.
              I started out on an 86 vfr 750 and did'nt have any problems
              R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Working...
              X