X
X

HOW TO PICK YOUR MOTORCYCLE UP CORRECTLY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the tip, it looks easier that way then trying to he-man it or he-women it.
    "No one has more control over your life than you, so start taking BOLDER STEPS"

Comment

Very useful information.....hopefully I dont need to use it anytime soon!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
      http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
      Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat View Post
        Thats pretty good stuff. Although you know us guys, when we did drop our bikes, we turned into He-Man for a few minutes and just bent down and picked it right up. Then after the adrenaline wore off we started griping about how heavy the damn thing is and why our back hurts

i havent experienced the back problems yet..... knock on wood
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

how to pick up your motorcycle -

1) buy it a beer
          2) tell it that "it's a pretty motorcycle"
          3) gently brush it's lines with your fingers.
          4) turn it on
          5) ride it.

Comment

I like that one Andy...... I have never had to pick mine up YET and do not really want to, I have been lucky I guess...

Eric
            "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

Awesome! There have been a couple of times I could have used this!

Comment

wish i had read that yesterday. Dropped bike on the way to the shop. Cursed and then proceeded to he-man it. Did bend at the knees mostly though.
                Slow is smooth and smooth is fast

Comment

came in handy today, I was trying to back out of my garage with my roomies truck in the way and I leaned over a bit too much to the left to to clear a marker and...slowly goes down...used the technique and went right up real nice and easy!

Comment

Originally posted by WildKat View Post
                    Thats pretty good stuff. Although you know us guys, when we did drop our bikes, we turned into He-Man for a few minutes and just bent down and picked it right up. Then after the adrenaline wore off we started griping about how heavy the damn thing is and why our back hurts
                    haha i completely agree w/ this. one day i was messing around in the garage moving stuff around and accidentally knocked the bike over. most the time its not that heavy when you are really mad. unfortunatly in this case i had sandals on and by the time i got some shoes all that built up anger that assists w/ picking it up was gone.

Comment

I have heard of this way to lift the bike. It sounds like a good one.

Comment

Nice very Helpful for smaller ryders and the ladies
                        ALWAYS THE REAL!!!!

93ZX11D Candy Wine Red
                        Cardon Fiber D&D Full Exhaust,
                        Vortex Sprockets 1dwn frnt 2up back
                        She looks like Hell but is a True Battle Cat!
                        no pun intended
                        07ZX10 Special Edition Stock
                        09ZX14 in the making Need a lil more$$$1st
                        99Kat600 Custom Paint By Kali's AirBrushing, Chrome rims, Chrome GrabBar,Chrome Kickstand, Chrome Heel Gaurds, Braada Cowl,Lowered,Mesh Mod, More mods & Chrome to come

Comment

most people try to pull up facing the bike while straining there back. of course doing it this way leaves a chance for the bike to tip over the other way lol.

Comment

Awesome. Never knew this technique till now. I had a kawi before and dropped it on its side (still sleepy that morning just excited to just hop on it). Lifted it up facing the bike and there goes my back pain.

Never dropped my KAT and hopefully will never use this technique. hahaha!
                            KATitoy

Comment

I say leave it there and run home crying. j/k good website I wondered how to pick my bike if I (hopefully I won't ever have to ) dropped it.
                              this is the best icon eva

Comment

hehehehe although the kat is heavy i can pick it up no problem
                                i picked up the front end and heldit ther for 15 minuts while my dad took of the front tire (it had cracks all around it so i t neaded to be changed )

Comment

Working...
                                X