X
X

HOW TO PICK YOUR MOTORCYCLE UP CORRECTLY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yup I dropped my bike for the first time today. Man I was upset cause it was down on its good side. I grabbed the handle bar, somewhere under the seat, and then just basically did a deadlift. I thought to myself, wow that is probably the proper way to do it. Wasnt all that bad...Well I guess theres an easier way lol I hope I wont have to try that ever again but I have a feeling I will

Comment

very helpful.

Comment

Thanks for the link. But with that adrenaline running when you do drop your bike, you could pick the bike up with one hand. (sike) Lol's
        Looking good is understood!!!

Comment

good information.
          sigpic

Twist your Wrist

Comment

very helpful! Came in handy already!!
            [FONT=Georgia]Gonna miss you guys and gals, be safe!!

Comment

Another great link. Thanks guys!
              Life is a really long ride. Make sure you do it in style.

Comment

thats exactly how I taught the G/F to do it
                sigpic
                89 Katana -94 Katana
                02 CBR F4i - 07 VFR 800
                03 SuperHawk (sold) -
                84 VF500f

Comment

Just had to use this (literally minutes before posting). Inching my bike into the garage past my car which is parked outside. Left foot down. Right foot down and slipped out. Down the bike went, not hard though. I went into the bush. I ALMOST attempted the "He-Man" move. Stopped trying to be He-Man. Remembered the How-to. Continued looking like a douche. Now, I need a smoke and swift kick to the head.

Comment

see, that would have been the smart way of picking up my bike (and i even learnt how to do it in my course...)... however, adrenaline is a fantastic thing, that doesn't really rely on logic and rational thinking.
                    i've dead-lifted my bike back up in a matter of seconds out of anger and pride.
                    although she's almost 600lbs wet, she's not that heavy.

granted, i coulda saved myself the 70 bones for a massage had i done it properly =)

good link *thumbs up*
                    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
                    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
                    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

very useful information, hope i never need to use it

Comment

I wish the picks showed the bike all the way down. When mine went over it was on the grips. I tried this approach, maybe my leverage was off but my seat was almost all the way to the ground. By the time I got my butt down to my seat my legs were bent too much to give me any leverage. I didn't really get a feel for my situation based on these pics. I am going to practice picking it up though. Just gonna wait to do it when my husband is available to help me if I can't do it.

Comment

Sweet

Comment

Thanks for re-posting this. Good info.
                            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                            ------------------------------------------
                            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

good info for new riders such as myself, thanks!

Comment

The one time I had to pick my bike up i wasnt even riding it. I was working on it and i guess my beer gut is bigger than i had originally thought because it tipped over, thankfully my mothers scooter broke its fall.

unfortunately it also broke my front brake lever. however upon looking at the metal it was in dire need of replacement anyways, so now i wont have to worry about my brake lever snapping when i really need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X