X

HOW TO PICK YOUR MOTORCYCLE UP CORRECTLY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's NOT ? Huh ......
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I guess it is.. I thought there was something in the header indicating it was a sticky..

Comment

There's two kinds of riders: those that have been down, and those that are going down. I just hope it's a while before I need to even think of using this technique (it's too new to scratch!)

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          I guess it is.. I thought there was something in the header indicating it was a sticky..
          NOW you tell me . I just got on Wildmatt about this , too .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i like the he manning way better. makes me feel like hercules .. aha

Comment

very good info
              Tito "Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work."

Comment

i dropped my bike the other day... just had my huge friend pick it up for me, its way easier than the method they tryed to teach me in MSF lol

Comment

This is a very nice trick, I could have told my ex about it if I had found this before, she called me in tears (she had a kat 750 like mine) cause she dropped it and had to call for helpers...

But for a normal man that use their physic a bit in their lifestyle, lifting this back up just by the grips is no real big effort. A friend dropped mine and in my driveway and it was really nothing special.

For those who watch TV a lot and work in offices without really never working out... It can be a challenge, know your limits, don't hurt yourself for nothing, the HOW TO provided should do fine. Don't be afraid of looking weak or anything, it's not worth hurting yourself. And those very same people, if you loose balance, it might be better for yourselves to let the bike go instead of trying to bring it back up right then... you might hurt yourself in doing so and even follow the bike on the ground.

Comment

mine went down on a trailer

I didn't secure it tight enough, and I found that out when I went around the corner. I hopped on the trailer, he-manned it, and went on about my way.

them d@mn things are heavy!
                    YYYEEEAAAHHH BOY! OVER 425 RIDING MILES AND COUNTING!

Comment

I dropped my r650rser with all the luggage (bike and bags weigted an average of 200Kilos) last summer. It was dark when we pulled at the hostel in a small dirt street in Tilcara (North of Argentina), I stuck my left foot out and what did I found?NOTHING! there was a pothole I didn't saw. So there we went, me, my bike and all the bags. I tried to set my foot firmly on the ground but by the time I managed to do so it was way beyond no-turning point. The DR fell down on my leg and with the adrenaline rush I tried to hold the bike long enough to torn a muscle.I ended in the hospital an had to drive the rest of the trip with my leg hurting like h**l (3000 Km on mountain roads). The doctor said I was lucky I didn't broke a bone or my knee!
                      MORAL: NO MATTER HOW SHINY AND NEW YOUR PAINT JOB LOOKS ALWAS LET THE BIKE GO!!

PS: untill today I still don`t know who or how they put my bike on the stand again!

Comment

great link...thanx...ya never know !
                        roll tide !!

Comment

Originally posted by fededr View Post
                          I dropped my r650rser with all the luggage (bike and bags weigted an average of 200Kilos) last summer. It was dark when we pulled at the hostel in a small dirt street in Tilcara (North of Argentina), I stuck my left foot out and what did I found?NOTHING! there was a pothole I didn't saw. So there we went, me, my bike and all the bags. I tried to set my foot firmly on the ground but by the time I managed to do so it was way beyond no-turning point. The DR fell down on my leg and with the adrenaline rush I tried to hold the bike long enough to torn a muscle.I ended in the hospital an had to drive the rest of the trip with my leg hurting like h**l (3000 Km on mountain roads). The doctor said I was lucky I didn't broke a bone or my knee!
                          MORAL: NO MATTER HOW SHINY AND NEW YOUR PAINT JOB LOOKS ALWAS LET THE BIKE GO!!

PS: untill today I still don`t know who or how they put my bike on the stand again!
                          I feel the same, and have been told the same! If your bike is going to fall, don't try to hold it, you could or mostly likely will be injured..Although if my bike falls and I have to pick it up ...NOT, thats what men are for, to help the ladies lol.....
                          Last edited by caribbean_barbie; 01-16-2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Good info

Comment

Thats great, my first day out I wiped going around a turn, wish I would have known this then. I was in the grass, and the morning dew made things fun. Oh well, live and learn. Learned to stay out the grass that morning.
                              '04 600 GSXF

"Hope for the best, but expect the worst. You will always be prepared, and never disappointed."
                              ME.

Comment

I had checked out that page long before i even road my bike. I tried to do as much research as possible before i went riding for the first time
                                92 GSXF750
                                83 nighthawk

Comment

Working...
                                X