X

Bandit Swap progress

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandit Swap progress

Here are a few pics of the progress as it goes.
    Attached Files
    One project done, now on to the next few!!
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

new motor stripped down and ready to go in
    Attached Files
    Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

Comment

Awesome. I have been so waiting for someone to actually go through this step by step on this website. I will be checking back regulary for this one. Can't wait!!!

Comment

So hurry up already .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Ran into a slight problem tonight while installing motor. Will post up pics tomorrow. The valve cover seemed to have an addition that was extremly limited in production. It has a cam chain locator and wear bar. It required me to change out the cover breather, and to some minor grinding for clearence of the bolts that held it in place. I will post up pics. Although the vlave cover is interchangeable would of caused major cam walk and wear to not use the positioner and wear guide. So had to do a few other major mods. Will post more pics in next day or so.

Has anyone else encountered the cam chain wear guide and positioner. It is not listed on any of the parts fiches anywhere.

Comment

Damn , Keith never mentioned that in his swap . Maybe it has something to do with a different year engine ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

That's about as complete as an engine kits gets, how much did you pick it up for? Nice...

Comment

Got it for $1100.00. less than 6k miles on it.

Comment

The breather cover on the '01 bandit motor was taller than the breather cover on the '97 so I swapped em.

Oil pan and pickups are different too.

I just realized you have a B12 motor, mine was a B6.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

That's a really good deal for what you got! Ahh I need to get going on mine..

Comment

cant wait to see it done

Comment

Heres some updated pics.

This is breather modification. Seems some bandits have an cam chain postioner which will not let ya swap valve covers out. My screw up not taking pics while I had it off, but did take pics of mods I had to do to make it fit.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A few more pics. one of the motor in and one of where i had to do one of two cross bar notchings
                          Attached Files

Comment

An added note, soon as i get the frame reinforcement bar back from welding will post of pics. Simple flat stock x-brace for further reinforcement.

Comment

Lookin good man! I'll bet she'll be purring like a kitten soon enough!
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X