X

Head on accident

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head on accident

Well this is what happens when you go head on with an SUV. Is it worth fixing, should I turn it into a street fighter project and get another bike, or should I part out/scrap it? It was a 2005 600 by the way.
    Attached Files

Part it. I'm sure arsenic needs spare carb parts.
    1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

Ouch man! Glad you walked away from that one! You are probably best off parting it out. At least monetarily. You can probably buy a new bike for what it will end up costing (time and money) to rebuild. You can take the money you make parting it out to put toward a new set of wheels.
      My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
      2007 GSXR 750

Comment

The frame is surely bent somewhere and not worth using.

Comment

Parting out is pretty much what I thought, just wanted to make sure before I went that route.

Comment

Originally posted by JIB View Post
            The frame is surely bent somewhere and not worth using.
            +1

Just the engine and carbs will put you a decent way towards a new bike.

Insurance factor in at all?
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Part out. Its almost as bent as a Kawasaki EX500 I had. My front tire was almost touching the foot peg. Glad your ok.

Comment

Wow, good your ok. I would have to agree with parting it.
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                  +1

Just the engine and carbs will put you a decent way towards a new bike.

Insurance factor in at all?
                  I wish she would of had insurance, would have made things a lot easier.

Comment

Originally posted by dollarb View Post
                    I wish she would of had insurance, would have made things a lot easier.
                    sue
                    never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

First and most important, you are OK!
                      Believe it or not, there are still plenty of parts worth saving off of it. Although the list of bad parts is long also. What did it take to get it back from insurance is the thing, will it balance out or be profitable to take the time to part out? I can think of parts I would be interested in as many on here would.
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

f@(&ing a hole uninsured people! Does anything ever happen to these dumba$$es? Sorry, 2 out of the three incidents I have dealt with was with uninsured drivers and it pisses me off when people won't be responsible for what they do!

Comment

Working...
                        X